Friday, August 21, 2009

Who's in the house??

I had to run to CVS the other night, Boug has a cold and running a little fever, so I had to grab up some more Tylenol for her... I thought I'd be gone a half hour and come back home to the same ol' same ol'....

I walked in the door with the full intent of telling my hub how the lady at CVS broke her leg and that CVS made her come back to work before her doc okayed it blah blah blah... but no more than two feet in the door, I looked around. Everything was tore up... The house was all of a sudden trashed. (Not like it was pristine before I left, but it was EVEN MORE of a mess when I returned)

The hub immediately came up to me and said, "You can't even imagine- You were only gone for like 20 minutes!!"

You see, the hub thought that he'd be able to give his friend JB a quick call... sitting on the couch, Lil' Buddy playing with his toys, Boug watching tv, he called JB and then caught the cat out of the corner of his eye. She was down the hallway playing with something and he just brushed it off, since our freak of a cat will randomly play with the kids toys for a minute and then walk away. But Sierra was relentless... she kept at it. Of course it wasn't a childs toy that she had grabbed. It was a mouse. (First time in four years that we've had a mouse here, living in the middle of a field) So the hub doesn't get off of the phone, he thinks he can handle this mouse, all while holding a conversation with JB... yeah. Right.

Next thing you know, the cat is chasing the mouse into the bedroom, which is atrocious- full of boxes and mess, getting ready for the move in a month. Then she chases the mouse out into the hallway... at this time Lil' Buddy is intriqued and begins to pull on the cats tail. Hub is still on the phone with JB and all of a sudden Boug's hair gets stuck in the button on the back of her shirt.

Picture it if you will.
Hub on the phone.
Cat playing with mouse.
1 year old pulling cats tail while cat plays with mouse.
5 year old screaming cause her hair is stuck.
Utter chaos.

This crap only happens in my house.

7 comments:

kado! August 21, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

I know I'm not supposed to laugh...but I just can't help myself!

Dian August 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

That's too funny!

Dian
www.GroceryShopForFREE.com

LiveLaughLoveCj August 21, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

I am trying very hard not to laugh... truly....
but you gotta admit it's pretty dang funny.

Only in your house casey!;)

Pricousins August 22, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

Lord girl! that's terrible!

Unknown August 22, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

That is hilarious! Sorry, but it is lol. At least it happened to the hubby instead of you!

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom August 23, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

OMG - this is hilarious...I'm so sorry. That is a lot of activity for 20 minutes - my goodness. Men just don't get it. LOL

Back to TOP