Sunday, June 21, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Here we are for another week of MPM!! I actually kept ALMOST on track last week but 1 dinner got bumped to this week and I wont complain because I did TWO WEEKS worth of grocery shopping for $106.13!! I saved $83.xx and my year to date savings is $922.xx!!! I'm so proud of myself that I've saved almost $1,000 this year so far in groceries!!

Monday: Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken

Tuesday: Eatin' on the go cause we're seeing 311 & Ziggy Marley!!
Wednesday: Steak Caesar Wraps

Thursday: Pizza (made at home)

Friday:
Bruschetta Chicken

Saturday: Pesto Stuffed Steaks

Sunday:
Golden Honey Chicken

Once again, breakfasts are usually cold cereal, oatmeal and sometimes Boug just wants toast and a banana! Lunches usually are leftovers or sandwiches paired with yogurt or fruit generally. My meals are usually a bit heavier in meats and chickens as hub is a butcher and brings so much home for free or next to nothing!! Check out more Menu Plan Monday entries at orgjunkie!!

Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken:
Rinse chicken and sprinkle with your favorite seasoning. I use season salt. Place fryer chicken on top of 4-5 foil balls in the crock pot. Cook on high for 6 hours.

Bruschetta Chicken:
1 can diced tomatoes
1 package chicken stuffing mix
1/2 cup water
2 cloves minced garlic
Dried italian seasoning to taste or dried basil
1 cup mozzarella cheese

Mix tomatoes, stuffing, water and garlic. Layer chicken, basil and cheese in a baking dish. Top with the stuffing mixture and bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Pesto Stuffed Steaks:

I simply butterfly some steaks (I like to use thick ribeyes!) and jam them with pesto then force the hub to put them on the grill to each of our preferred temp!!

Golden Honey Chicken: (from Hillbilly Housewife)
2 lb. chicken (your preference, I prefer thighs on this one)
1/2 c. ketchup
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. honey
2 cloves minced garlic (I use pre-minced to make my life easier)

Marinate chicken in ketchup, soy, honey and garlic overnight. Put chicken in a pan and pour the marinade over it, bake at 375 for 45 minutes!

0 comments:

Back to TOP