Saturday, June 20, 2009

Blogging and IRL Friends.

Maybe I'm the only silly person out her that keeps their blog somewhat "secret."

My husband knows of course, my 4 year old has figured it out, I finally fessed up to my kid sister and my best friend, but thats all the people in my IRL life who know about A Couch With A View. Some of my friends know about product reviews, but they haven't caught on... at least I don't think.

I'm not sure that I want people in my real life to know about this place. Does that mean that I need to watch what I say about this one or that one? Not like I do a whole lot of smack talkin' anyways, but you never know...

This all comes stemmed from realizing just how many blogs are listed on facebook. I'm not one of them, but I have my own personal facebook for keeping in touch with friends and family that I don't often get to see or talk to. I was checking my facebook the other day and saw a couple friends that had become fans of a couple really popular blogs. I'm not trying to say that my friends should have nothing to do with blogging, but I'm just wondering when someone is just going to stumble on A Couch With A View....

Am I afraid of judgement? Possibly. Am I afraid of having to explain myself? Kinda... I kinda like having my own little space with my bloggy friends. Am I wrong for withholding information from my IRL friends? I don't see myself doing that though. So many of them get the same information from me as I post on my site about great sales, awesome items, cool giveaways (just not mine) and more. So am I doing the right thing by keeping A Couch With A View to myself? I haven't decided yet.

1 comments:

Kristin June 21, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

Whatever! I make my site known..I've been known to pimp it a time or two. For me anyway its a big part of who I am. I think any IRL friends would have to also have an interest or at least now somewhat what I do online.

Either way you rock Casey online and I';m sure off.

Back to TOP