Friday, June 26, 2009

Controversial but Important: Banking Babies Cord Blood

Though its controversial, its quite an important topic. Cord Blood Banking.

The thought had crossed our minds when we were pregnant with Boug, and she's going to be having her 5th birthday next month... then the thought crossed our minds again with Lil' Buddy and he's almost a year. We opted against it, not anything against cord blood banking itself, but due to lack of money.

I mean, something as simple as banking some cord blood, can assure a 100% match if needed, for the infant donor and a 1 in 4 match for a sibling. I'd like to be able to do all that I can do in order to help, protect and ensure my childrens health.

Cryo-Cell is offering a $725 discount on cord blood banking when you use the promotional word HOT, valid through Sunday, 6/28/09. Cryo-Cell International is America's most-established family cord blood bank and has helped over 175,000 families worldwide in preserving their newborns umbilical cord blood. Cord blood that can be stored and be used to treat over 75 diseases.

Cryo-Cell website is loaded with information to make your decisions easier. There's payment plans available, no enrollment fees and are a category exclusive Upromise partner. There is 24/7 customer service available as well as links that you're able to request more information if you'd like to have it mailed to your home.

Post?slot_id=40814&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

3 comments:

kado! June 27, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

We did not do it either...I guess it would be a good idea because I was adopted and do not know ANY of my medical background....but yea...you wonder if it's worth spending the money if you never need to use it....but then I am sure I'd be kicking my-self if ever we needed it too!

Anonymous,  July 1, 2009 at 12:45 AM  

In my very strong opinion, banking core blood should not be controversial what-so-ever. In fact, due to the benefits the core blood may one day offer if ever necessary, banking it should beome a requirement or automatic. The only thing that should be controversial is the COST involved. It's to bad that it's so expensive because everyone should do it and so many can't afford it. I say this because I understand the huge medical benefits that can come from core blood. I am sorry to hear that you are one who couldn't afford it either.

JDSG
lebizyb(at)q(dot)com

Cord Blood services August 30, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Cost is the issue of the present. In a few years much more people will afford it!

Back to TOP