Friday, June 19, 2009

EA Sports Active Update #2!!

I'm about halfway through my EA Sports Active 30 Day Challenge!!

I honestly can't even believe I've been this motivated for this long, its just not like me at all. I give up on things like this way too easily. It gets discouraging, which is the reason that I'm not weighing myself until the absolute end of this 30 day challenge.

Its gotten to the point though where I just became nervous. You see, about 8 years ago, I broke my right ankle. I fell down ONE damn step, completely sober, on Friday the 13th just before Halloween and wound up with 2 fractures and a bone chip. It took me 2 days to muster up the courage to go to the ER, and that was only with 2 of my friends forcing me into the car to go. Then it was another 5 days before they actually put the cast on me, so needless to say, my ankle hasn't been right since.

The bone on the outside of your ankle, the one that you can kinda see, is completely un-see-able on my right ankle. Its all puffed out around it and its been like that for years and years. I should have gone back to my orthopedist years ago about it, but I never did cause I went a little while without health insurance.

Here's where my concern lies with my EA Sports Active 30 Day Challenge. I go to see the orthopedist on Monday and I'm quite nervous that they're going to end up draining my ankle or something... maybe opening it up to take out the bone chip? I'm worried that its going to put me out of commission on my 30 Day Challenge.

I'd hate to put the Challenge on hold, cause I'm really really enjoying it!! I honestly can't stand the jump lunges or the running, but I love the boxing and the tennis. I even went in and created my own custom workout full of boxing, batting and tennis. I even through in a little dance in there just for fun. And much to my surprise, I gained a new award for creating and completing my first custom workout!! Love that!!

Hopefully all will go well on Monday and the orthopedist won't crush my dreams of getting fit, and at the same time take care of all this crap going on with my ankle. Fingers crossed!!

Don't forget to enter into my EA Sports Active giveaway, commenting first on the original post and then you can comment again on update posts- like this one!! You can also tweet this giveaway daily using @caseydeuce and #easactive. You can also gain entries for leaving the link to my main post on your blog, facebook, myspace or other social sites or message boards!

Pick up your own EA Sports Active at Amazon.

2 comments:

kado! June 19, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

Isn't it crazy how when we hurt ourselves it's always over someting absolutely stupid! I will be doing the simplest thing and hurt my self....I guess I'd like some crazy elaborate story as to why I hurt myself...it always sound better right!?!?! Glad you're liking the challenge...I was talking to the Game Stop guys about you and your challenge...they said the game is "no joke" too...one of the best fitness ones....I will try it someday...maybe I'm scared of it...hehehe!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• June 25, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

You're so pumped! Keep it up girly - you're kickin arse.

Back to TOP