Monday, June 22, 2009

The Human Body Is WEIRD!!

If you read my EA Sports Active update, you'll know I was super nervous about my ankle and what the hell was going to happen when I went to see the orthopedist today.

So after dropping the kids off to play at a friends house, I headed over to the hospital where the doctors office is. First I'll say, they were AWESOME! No waiting, in-fill papers-x-rays-talk to doc-make next appointment-out.... it was so efficient, I was amazed cause I had never been to a doctors office that got me in so quick before, without any waiting of any kind!!

After x-rays and talking with the doc, he thinks that my tendon that runs down the outside of my ankle has moved itself to the wrong side of my ankle bone and that my joint is too loose. Okay tendon... wtf were you thinking jumping all around in there?!?!?! I mean really, its not your decision where you want to be and you cant just go wandering around!! The doc referred me to another doctor in the practice who specializes in feet and ankles.

So for now, its a waiting game until Friday. When I do it all over again, pack the kids in the car, drive them back down to my friends for another playdate, head over to the OTHER hospital where they have offices and see a different doctor. We'll have to see what this one says is the next step... No pun intended...

For now, I'm in an odd, velcro, lace-up ankle brace... on the label it says "game-day brace." So I'm assuming I could go play a game of pro-football with this??

I'll be having a talk with my tendon tonight, believe you me, its gonna get a serious talking-to about this wrong spot action its done.

2 comments:

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom June 23, 2009 at 1:44 AM  

What a stupid tendon - seriously! They cannot just go around moving like that without first consulting you...hmph. I hope the next doctor will have some good news for you. In the meantime, you probably should take it easy on the Active stuff ya know?

Hope you feel better!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• June 25, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

Crazy! What the heck was your tendon thinking?

Hope it starts behaving soon.

Back to TOP