Sunday, September 20, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

First I'll say, I'm having a hell of a time getting it together this week. It seems like I'm repeating myself every other week or so and I'm so tired of it. I love love love MPM, it keeps me organized, it keeps me from spending too much and I get new recipes from the other participants, but what's driving me absolutely batty is the people who don't link or share recipes in the list. I'm not saying share a grilled cheese sandwich recipe. I'm saying share a recipe if the meal's name sounds like something someone can't figure out on their own! I feel like I'm missing out on lots of great meals here!!

Couple of carryovers this week, we went out to dinner with my parents one night and then I forgot that I had plans with friends last night... I can't complain though, carryovers make this weeks menu plan that much easier!!Recipes are below!!

Monday: Bacon Veggie Skillet


Tuesday: Turkey Club Pie


Wednesday: Honey BBQ Chicken Wings


Thursday: Hot Dogs & Macaroni Salad


Friday: Pasta with meat sauce


Saturday: Crockpot Honey Mustard Chicken


Sunday: Pesto Pasta

Once again, breakfasts are usually cold cereal, oatmeal and sometimes Boug just wants toast and a banana! Lunches usually are leftovers or sandwiches paired with yogurt or fruit generally. My meals are usually a bit heavier in meats and chickens as hub is a butcher and brings so much home for free or next to nothing!! Check out more Menu Plan Monday entries at orgjunkie!!

Bacon and Veggie Skillet: (from Kraft)
4 slices cooked chopped bacon
1 med. onion
1 can chicken broth
2 c. elbow macaroni
4 c. mixed veggies
4 oz. cream cheese
2 tbsp. parm cheese

Cook bacon, then cook the onion in the bacon grease. Add 1 c. water, chicken broth and macaroni to skillet. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Add in veggies and cream cheese. Cook til melted and heated through. Top with bacon and parm cheese.

Turkey Club Pie:
1.5 c. cut up cooked turkey
8 slices crispy, crumbled, cooked bacon
1 c. cheddar cheese
1/2 c. bisquick
1 c. milk
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 400. Combine turkey, bacon and cheese in a pie plate. Combine bisquick, milk and eggs, pour on top of other ingredients already in pie plate. Bake 30-35 minutes, I like to top mine with sliced tomato and sliced red onion for the last 15 minutes of the bake time.

Honey BBQ Chicken Wings (From MomAdvice)

3 lbs chicken wings (purchased in the frozen section of Aldi)
1 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced

Season wings with salt & pepper. Place frozen wings on broiler pan and broil for 12-15 minutes on each side. Transfer wings to the slow cooker. Combine ingredients and pour over wings. Cook on high two hours or low for four hours.

Pasta with Meat Sauce:
To be honest I will throw whatever cut of beef that I have in the freezer in the crockpot with a jar of sauce, I let it go about 6-7 hours and by the time I prepare dinner, the beef is all shredded and I just put it on top of some pasta!

Crockpot Honey Mustard Chicken: (from Eat At Home)
1/2 C. Honey
1/4 C. dijon mustard
2-3 lbs chicken (your choice)
salt & pepper to taste

Mix the honey, mustard, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Put the chicken in the crockpot and pour the mixture over the top. Cook on high for 6-8 hours.

6 comments:

Kristen September 20, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

I totally agree with you on the linking or posting of recipes! Don't just tell me "lemon chicken pasta salad". Give me details! Don't assume everyone out here is a foodie with a bazillion recipes in thier head =)

Jessie Geroux September 20, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

droolin over the bacon recipes...consider this post bookmarked for many future uses ;-) PS I agree about the lack of linking...

Melissa September 21, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

The honey mustard chicken sounds good and really easy. Thanks for sharing!

Shannon September 21, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

The turkey club pie sounds like a fun twist on a favorite! Thanks for the fresh ideas!

Laura September 27, 2009 at 11:26 PM  

Guess what? You won the Taste of Home cookbook giveaway on my site. Email me with your address and I'll get that out to you right away.

Thanks!
Laura

Kat @ For the Love of Chaos September 28, 2009 at 1:28 AM  

I started doing a "Meal Plan Monday" on my blog in July which I've now tagged menu plan monday due to finding OrgJunkie.com's meme... I started mine to save money, and to cut some of the chaos out of mealtime at my house (we have 5 kids) ... I have a pdf of all our weekly meals and ingredients as well as our budget and I post recipes from our meal plan throughout the week, with pics, on my blog.

So, you won't find my meals linked on my menu plan, but the recipes have typically been posted on my blog - or will be in the coming week :) I feel the same way you do - what's the use in reading what someone's cooking if you can't get the info to make it yourself!? lol I love posting recipes :) You're welcome to come check them out!

Back to TOP