Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kindergarten Rockstar

So yesterday, we sent Boug off to kindergarten... there's something so bittersweet about sending your child off to school. And as much as I wish I could keep her by my side and protect her forever, I know that she needed to go... she needed to learn more, experience things and most of all, for her, socialize with the other kids.

We aren't exactly in our school district yet that we'll be moving to at the end of the month, but I was able to register her there and drive her back and forth for the first 3 weeks of school. No fun for me, but definitely worth not having to switch her school a month into the year.
We woke up ridiculously early... too early... too much time to kill. Thank goodness that Boug's first day of school wound up on the hubs day off!! We made our special waffles, got in the car and drove out to the school to drop her off.

I'm so happy that she was one of those "happy to go to school" kids. She didn't bitch, she didn't complain, she didn't whine... She walked us down to her classroom where she was the first kid there, we said our goodbyes and walked back to the car.


At the end of the day, Boug was so overwhelmed (I think) that she couldn't really say much about what she learned, what was taught, what the rules were... just that her teacher had a bloody lip because she had chapped lips. After some chit chat... I asked her again... "So do you remember anything else that you learned today??" To which she replied.... "Well I learned about bloody lips..."

4 comments:

Unknown September 10, 2009 at 11:57 PM  

LOL how cute! I'm glad she enjoyed her first day :)

kado! September 11, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

what a cutie! That is great she gets to start in her new school...too bad for the driving though!

Liz September 11, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

Awww, she's so cute, glad she's enjoying school!!

Back to TOP