Sunday, September 13, 2009

Blogging Pet Peeves

I suppose I'm going to go on a mini-rant here because I have a few things about blogging that just drives me nuts. Not so much the act of blogging in itself, but things that I see other bloggers doing.

1. Acting holier-than-thou.
Essentially, were' all here doing the same thing, what makes YOU better than ME? Because you get better reviews? More subscribers? Different content? Instead of being against each other, why are we not a community? Why can't we all get along for the sake of having the same time filler/hobby/"job?" Because you have been doing it longer makes you a better person than me? Because you're recognized by this one or that one makes you a better person than me? Are you kidding me? Get off your high horse, cause guess what- your shit DOES stink.

2. Spelling errors.
I could care less about the spelling errors that I receive in my inbox, or in my IM or on forums or whatever, but when you're pimping out a company with your review, you might want to make sure that you're spelling the company name or the product correctly. And by the way, its sponsOrs, not sponsErs.

3. You think everyone owes you something.
No one is owed anything without a written contract. Taking someones word for something can only go so far. Having a relationship with PR reps is a wonderful thing, and those same PR reps don't OWE you a DAMN THING. Instead of thinking that the PR reps and companies owe you big time, why not realize that its not just about you? Why not realize that PR DOES NOT NEED to work with YOU. Its a wonderful thing that they choose to work with bloggers, but by no means are we owed that, lets not take a chance in effing that up.

4. Greed, greed, and more GREED.
A new coffeemaker or a pair of shoes to review is nice, but by no means should anyone EXPECT to have a car or a trip handed to them. What happened to the days where we worked hard to get what we wanted, what happened to earning things? Didn't get invited on a most expense paid trip? Get over it, it just wasn't your time... want to go on a family vacation? If you're not invited on one by a company then save your pennies and take your family on one...

I know that there's more that bothers me, but this is all I'm getting into for now... Geez... I hope I don't sound like too much of a bitch.... (or do I even care if I sound like a bitch at all?)

9 comments:

Liz September 13, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

I'm with you Casey! I feel the same way totally.

Liz Mays September 13, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

Oh my...the spelling errors. I just feel so bad for sponsors when I see a review full of them.

Anonymous,  September 13, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

I agree! This past weekend I was catching up on reading blogs and saw SOOO many spelling errors on reviews. Some even included spelling the sponsOrs name wrong!

Abby September 13, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

I agree! Spelling and grammatical errors drive me nuts! There are some bloggers that I would NEVER have review a product because their writing is terrible! I mean really, Blogger does have spell check people!

Mom Union September 13, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

I do notice when a blogger has terrible spelling and grammar. What really gets me is the fact that I'm stumbling around trying to figure out how to get sponsors, which I don't even know where to start, and I read these blogs and think "Who sponsored this ignorant bink?" On the bright side, they could get a job writing captions for icanhascheezburger.

Unknown September 14, 2009 at 12:02 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa P@www.isitmondayalready.com September 14, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

whoo hooo lets play some jousting and get em off their high horses!

Kristin September 14, 2009 at 5:38 AM  

I hate the copy ad pasters..like the WHOLE post is a copy then they write lists saying this and that about others yet they do the same thing. Really its all a bit tired to be honest. LOL

It's not being a bitch, it being honest.

Becca September 14, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

I agree about the spelling errors. Especially when you have a browser like Firefox that spell checks for you!

Back to TOP