Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

I usually have this up Sunday night, but last night we went off to see fireworks from a PRIME location!! My husbands co-worker invited us over for dinner, which was fabulous, and we watched the fireworks from his apartment. Boug has a crush on him, so she was especially excited to be there!! Though with all the commotion on Saturday, and forgetting that we were going to see fireworks on Sunday, I had a couple meals pushed over to this week cause I just didn't pay attention I guess!!Monday: Lo Mein Veggies

Tuesday:
Cuban Sandwiches

Wednesday:
Crockpot Philly Cheese Steaks

Thursday:
Baked Steak Burritos

Friday:
Crockpot Pizza

Saturday: Cheesey Chicken (Hub's Birthday!!)

Sunday:
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches


Once again, breakfasts are usually cold cereal, oatmeal and sometimes Boug just wants toast and a banana! Lunches usually are leftovers or sandwiches paired with yogurt or fruit generally. My meals are usually a bit heavier in meats and chickens as hub is a butcher and brings so much home for free or next to nothing!! Check out more Menu Plan Monday entries at orgjunkie!!



Veggie Lo Mein:
Vegetable oil
1 lb. pk. Stir fry veggies
8 oz. spaghetti (cook normally)
Minced garlic
1 sliced onion
3 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. sesame oil (I dont use this)

Toss the cooked spaghetti with 1 tbsp of veg. oil until it is evenly coated. Next heat 2 or 3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet or a wok. Add the onion and garlic. Sautè until the onion is tender. Add the frozen stir-fry vegetables. Cook over high heat until thawed. Add the cooked spaghetti. Stir everything all up and let it fry (about 5 minutes.) Try and let the past brown a little. Top off and toss with the sesame oil and soy sauce.

Cuban Sandwiches
(from Meal Planning 101)
These are some of my very favorite sandwiches from when I lived in Key West, so I'm going to try this recipe out and see how it adds up!! I'm sure they'll be wonderful!!

Crockpot Philly Cheese Steaks (from Finding Joy in My Kitchen)
1 lb. beef
1/2 sliced onion
1 green pepper, sliced
1/2 red pepper, sliced
1 C beef broth
1/8 C soy sauce
garlic, salt and pepper if desired

Place beef in the bottom of the crockpot. Pour broth and soy sauce over the beef. Layer the onion and peppers over the beef and sprinkle with seasonings, if desired. Cook on low for 8-9 hours, or on high for 4-6 hours. Top with choice of cheese (we'll be using provolone!)

*Note- I add mushrooms to mine and I'll be using a bit larger ribeye roast for my beef.

Baked Steak Burritos
(from Betty Crocker)
1/2 c. butter or margerine
1 pk. taco seasoning
1.5 lb beef (they call for boneless sirloin strip steak, I'm not using that)
1 can refried beans
12 tortillas
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
3 or 3 tbsp green onion
1 can enchilada sauce
1 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend

Melt butter in a skillet, add taco seasoning and beef. Warm beans and spread onto tortillas. Top with beef, cheddar and onions. Wrap up and place into a baking dish, top with enchilada sauce and cheddar cheese. Bake 7-12 minutes at 400.

Crockpot Pizza
crust:
1.5 c. biscuit mix (like bisquick)
1.5 c. water

16 oz. jar pizza sauce
1.5 c. mozzarella cheese
pizza toppings of your choice

Spray the inside of the crock pot with non-stick spray. Put about 1/4 of the sauce on the bottom of the crock pot. Mix the crust together and spread it out over the sauce, almost touching the sides. Top with the rest of the sauce, cheese and whichever toppings you choose. Cook on high for about 2 hours.

Cheesey Chicken (from Crockpot Tuesdays)

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (from A Year Of Slow Cooking)
This recipe definitely caught my eye after working at the restaurant for so long and ordering grilled bbq chicken sandwiches for myself, this recipe just makes it a bit easier for me to make. No need to turn on the grill, or wait for the hub to grill up the chicken for me.

0 comments:

Back to TOP