Thursday, July 2, 2009

In The Rooms...

As some of you all know, my husband is a recovering alcoholic. Its been a tough road the past almost 6 years, but we've had our highs and lows and I'll tell you, the lows are low... But I'll have to say that without AA meetings we would have been much much worse off.

InTheRooms Meetings is a global recovery community that contains a list of all the meetings that you could need- alcoholics anonymous, narcotic anonymous, overeaters anonymous and gamblers anonymous. In The Rooms helps to H.I.T.C.H.- help, inform, touch, connect and heal. H.I.T.C.H. is one of the most important acronyms that I've seen and its so important.

Since anonymity is such a big part of meetings, you'd never walk up to someone and say "Oh hey! I know you from AA!" You can always say though, "I've seen you in the rooms." That's where the name of the In The Rooms site came from.

Speaking from my own life, alcoholism is a tough thing to overcome, and I'm sure any other addiction is as well. My husband is from out of town and doesn't have that many friends around here, when he started going to meetings more often, he was able to create bonds and connect with people that he has something in common with. He's gained friendships that have helped him better the person that he is today. Having help from people who know where you are coming from is a huge asset and being able to access a list of meetings from InTheRooms Meetings is a great place to start. Itr_bigger

Post?slot_id=41061&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

1 comments:

Leslie M. July 2, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

I love the person you are. I love that you are open and honest and I love your integrity and honesty! I just wanted you to know that!
Live life one day at a time!


Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Back to TOP