Monday, July 27, 2009

Is going away worth it???

I love the girls that I hang with online... I LOVE THEM! But, on the other hand, is going away, even to BlogHer '09 worth it... for the learning, the meeting and the networking- ABSOLUTELY!

In the other sense of going away... I have to explain. I came home to a house that *looked* perfect. A husband who was so happy to see me. Kids who were thrilled that I was home. And a house that a mother-in-law had stayed in for 2.5 days while I was at BlogHer.

My kitchen table is ruined. She had set something damp or something down on it and some pink and purple ink has now sinked in through the finish and will not come out. The dishes and the bottles were washed, but in no sense were the bottles clean. There's random stuff in my fridge that I have no idea what it is. I had prepared stuff for my husband to make for lunches and dinners and they are still sitting in the fridge, waiting to be eaten... Why did I bust my ass to get it done if it was just going to be pushed aside?

I love my family, but yes.... BlogHer '09 was a wonderful break. My feet are killing me, I'm dead-ass tired, I can't seem to get unpacked, my kitchen table is ruined, there's no place to put the swag, the laundry has piled back up... but yes.... It was totally worth every minute of it.

5 comments:

Unknown July 27, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

I am sure she meant well. I am like you, I always try to have everything in order for the house before I would go away for a week or so to see my parents. I would also be a little perturbed to find things in such array. Look at it this way, next time you can save yourself some time. At least you had a good time a Blogher.

Unknown July 27, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

I'm glad to hear that you had a good time! Sorry about your table :(

kado! July 28, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

LOL! Yep......my husbands idea of "doing the dishes" is to put them in the sink.....so I understand!

Liz July 28, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

Oh Man!! That stinks!! But I am sooo glad we got to hang out and spend time together IRL!

And I agree about being tired, I keep wondering when I will feel rested, ugh!

Hope everything gets back to "normal" and sorry about your table!! :-(

Back to TOP