Saturday, July 4, 2009

Worst. 4th. Ever.

The 4th of July is one of my favorite days of the year. It was Boug's due date, its always been a fun time had for all and of course a monumental day in American history, as well as present and future. But this one... this was the worst 4th ever.

Lets start with bedtime last night. I couldn't sleep. I remember it being 4:23 am and I was watching Whale Wars on animal planet. So, I didn't fall asleep until after 4:00 in the morning.

Hub went out golfing this morning with his boss and thats all fine and dandy, except I couldn't wake up. I couldn't function. I couldn't even see straight. The kids were climbing all over me, wanting be to be lucid. So I finally dragged myself out of bed, gave them some breakfast when the phone rang. It was the hub. I had asked him if he could come right home after hitting golf balls at the driving range because I had so much housework to catch up on. His idea of a funny joke is calling me from the porch here at home and telling me that he was running way late cause they decided to play 9 holes. Barely getting any sleep and getting pissed off at the hub for no good reason is not a fun start to the morning.

Then there was all the housework. Because I got little to none in the sleep department, it was ridiculously overwhelming.

Of course we had to figure out what the hell was going on for fireworks tonight and Boug wanted to invite my parents, but they declined. Though for some reason my mother seemed to think that she told me we were bbq'ing tonight, but I know that she didn't because I already had dinner half cooked when she called to tell us to get over to her house. I salvaged what I could of dinner for another night and we headed over there.

We left a bit early to head over to a huge state park to check out the fireworks, at $10 I would have thought that they would have opened up more parking, but no. They wanted me to park the car in the middle of no where, walk 2 miles with the kids, on an unlighted street. UNLIGHTED, ain't gonna happen. No way. No how. So I turned around, went back to the little collection booth and said "You'll be giving me my money back, there's no way I'm parking a million miles away in the pitch black." Thank goodness, it didn't end up a fight, but because I'm overtired and in a foul mood, I was totally ready to fight the girl. She handed me back our $10 and off we went to another local fireworks spot.

Pulling into our little town, with people directing traffic, people walking all over the place, you would think that you'd pay attention a little more. As we were stopped, making sure people weren't darting out in the road, paying attention to the traffic flaggers, we were oh-so-lucky to watch the oncoming car hit a beautiful golden retriever. My heart broke, but the dog scampered off and THANK GOODNESS, Boug didn't actually see what happened.

I threw my hands up. I said, "I'm done." There was no way to attempt to salvage the day and once things were settled with the dog, we gave up on seeing the fireworks and went home. We didn't even realize that you could see a bit of the fireworks from our backyard, so Boug and I stayed outside to try and peek at some while hub and Lil' Buddy went in. Next thing I know, there's a friggen deer sprinting past us at the speed of light and we're having heart attacks. We didn't think much of it for a minute or two until we heard some crazy noises in the distance and Boug and I hightailed it through the field in our backyard, running into the house.

When we got inside, what did our commotion do?
Woke the baby, of course.

With all that said, I'm putting 7/4/09 to bed.

8 comments:

Anonymous,  July 5, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

Oh goodness you need a good nights rest is all. Sorry you had such a bad day. It will be better tomorrow really!

Leslie M. July 5, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

Hiya BeBe!!
Sorry your 4th Stunk!
Mine was NOT as bad.. but hey you will look back when YOU and "Grandpa" are sitting on Rockers on the Porch and laugh about this one!!!

Me? I had such a Migraine.. I threw up at about 11 pm and called it a night.. Me? In bed at 11 pm.. hahah
Now that is funny!!!!

Love you BeBe!!!!
HUGS!

Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Amanda July 5, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

oh my goodness what a day! I am sorry it didn't end on a happy note.

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom July 5, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

I am so sorry - I do feel your pain. I am so glad to see the 4th over with too, and I dread it next year.

I feel so sorry for the animals - they do not understand what is going on, and so many get scared and injured.

I'm sorry Casey. I am so frustrated.

Becca July 5, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Just think...it can only get better ;)

BrendaLea, the Prpldy July 5, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

Oh dear the 4th was not for you. Hopefully you get some good sleep tonight and that tomorrow will be a better day.

cdmtx July 6, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

sorry for your crappy Day , we all have them ... yours just happend on the 4th of july :)

but couldnt help myself to giggle ( na, who am i kidding )laughing a couple ( lots ) of times reading it.

i know i am bad ;)

Kristin July 6, 2009 at 11:58 PM  

Oh my poor Casey Deuce!

Back to TOP