Friday, July 31, 2009

Aloha Friday!!


Its been a little while since I've participated in an Aloha Friday... but I'm feelin' it this week... I just am! Over at An Island Life, Kailani hosts Aloha Friday each week to take it easy before the weekend....

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.


This week... my question to you is...

Do you honestly judge people? Do you jump to conclusions? Or do you give the benefit of the doubt and not judge what you are not 100% sure to be true?

I do not judge unless I know of something to be 100% true. I may QUESTION what I do not know as a fact, but I am not one to JUDGE or JUMP TO A CONCLUSION. Many years ago, yes, I was one to judge. I thought I was the shit and thought I was so much better then others, then I got older and realized that everyone is different, situations are different. I think that myself not being an absolute angel has given me the ability to see things differently and be able to not jump to a conclusion. Here it is folks- I'm No Angel. I've messed up. I haven't been perfect my 27 years here and it took me making mistakes in the past to realize that NOBODY is perfect and that is no grounds for me to make assumptions or judge anyone.

21 comments:

Jennifer July 31, 2009 at 1:19 AM  

I do not jump to conclusions, as a person will show who they are without my help.

Ziggy Stardust July 31, 2009 at 1:39 AM  

I try very hard not to judge people. I am very big on inner beauty.

Anne

Heatherlyn July 31, 2009 at 1:39 AM  

Um, yes. I make judgments all the time. It would be difficult not to. BUT I really honestly what to know where someone else is coming from, why they do what they do, try to understand them and realize that most people are very complicated and going through a lot of different things. And it isn't my place to judge. I feel like I am compassionate. But I do draw conclusions. Though, usually, this is over a long period of time. Even then, people can always surprise you.

Jeremy July 31, 2009 at 1:46 AM  

I try not to judge but with some people it's really difficult. I always give them the benefit of the doubt. People will usually show their real self over time.

The Mommy-Files July 31, 2009 at 2:04 AM  

Everybody has issues. I try not to have a judgmental attitude, but am the first to admit that I'm not perfect. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt :)

Becca July 31, 2009 at 2:43 AM  

I tend to judge instantly but then 5 seconds later when I calm down I try to look at things from both sides.

kailani July 31, 2009 at 2:47 AM  

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I want to believe the good in people but I sometimes end up getting burned.

Unknown July 31, 2009 at 5:58 AM  

I try not too, but there are times that I do make a quick judgement.

Jessie Kaitlin July 31, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

I try very hard not to make that initial judgment. Their true self, whether it be good or bad will come out in time.
I'm not perfect though, and sometimes I do judge before getting to know them.

janetfaye July 31, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

I always try to be fair and not judge.

I am Harriet July 31, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

Thankfully, I am past that crap.

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/holy-pepsi-rodent.html

taysmommy July 31, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

Its human nature to judge but I try my damnest not too. I want to give people a the benefit of the doubt before I start accusing or making assumptions.

Heather July 31, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

I do judge people, I suppose--although if it is in a negative way, I tend to be empathetic and wonder why they are behaving a certain way.I often change my judgements based on further info, though.

TheAtticGirl July 31, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

Good question....it depends I guess. Sometimes I am quick to come to a judgement about someone and other times I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Just depends. I put up walls a lot so it's hard for me to really let anybody into my circle to begin with and get to really know them.

Beth @ TheAngelForever July 31, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

I think a lot of time we all do both. When we are really emotionally tied to coming it is easy to jump to conclusions. As a teacher I learned to be more patient and see what plays out before judging things.

Liz Mays July 31, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

Nope, I don't judge. I may get a first impression but I don't judge based on that. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Anonymous,  July 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

I never jump to conclusions, I wait and feel them out.

Unknown July 31, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

I'm not really one to judge, but find myself doing it sometimes. Especially with my crazy family. BUT I am a pretty easy going person and can find the best in everyone and get along with all different kinds of people (pesonalities I should say lol) I try to find both sides to a story, because there always are 2, sometimes 3, 4 or more even.

Stacie July 31, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

I try very hard not to judge people. I myself don't like to be judged. I can't say that I haven't as I think we all have done it a time or two.

Anonymous,  July 31, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

i don't judge anyone. at all. people have to work their own stuff out & that has nothing to do with me.

hah! i have my own issues to deal with ;) lol

AudreyO August 1, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

I try not to. If I catch myself judging I back way off. I really don't want to be that way.

Back to TOP