Monday, July 13, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

What the heck is going on with me that I can't remember to get this up and linked up on Sunday nights?? I'm slackin' I know it... but with all the excitement (and partial disappointment) of BlogHer approaching, as well as Boug's 5th birthday this week, my birthday next week and trying to be able to afford the hub and the kids driving up north while I'm at BlogHer, things are getting away from me.... (maybe its a good thing if they go up north to the in-laws while I'm gone, that means they don't get the opportunity to completely trash the house here while I'm gone...)
Recipes are below!!!

Monday: BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (carried over from last week)

Tuesday: Steak Caesar Salads

Wednesday: Crockpot Lasagna

Thursday: Pizza (Boug requested it for her b-day, I obliged)

Friday: Country Salisbury Steaks

Saturday: BLT's

Sunday: Cheeseburger Joes

I'm doing a whole lot of cooking from my freezer over this week and next, the hub keeps bringing meat home and I'm running out of freezer space, so its time to shop from the freezer!! I'm also going to try my hand at Cake Ice Cream Cones this week... I'm not the best baker, but really, how hard could it be? Boug wants them for her birthday instead of a big cake, so once again, I obliged.

Once again, breakfasts are usually cold cereal, oatmeal and sometimes Boug just wants toast and a banana! Lunches usually are leftovers or sandwiches paired with yogurt or fruit generally. My meals are usually a bit heavier in meats and chickens as hub is a butcher and brings so much home for free or next to nothing!! Check out more Menu Plan Monday entries at orgjunkie!!

Recipes:

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
(from A Year Of Slow Cooking)
This recipe definitely caught my eye after working at the restaurant for so long and ordering grilled bbq chicken sandwiches for myself, this recipe just makes it a bit easier for me to make. No need to turn on the grill, or wait for the hub to grill up the chicken for me.

Crockpot Lasagna (from A Welcoming Heart)
12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 jar(28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup water
16 ounces cottage cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated

Break noodles in half. Place half of the noodles in bottom of greased 4-quart slow cooker. Stir Italian seasoning into meat and spread half over the noodles already in slow cooker. Then layer half of the sauce and water, half of the cottage cheese, and half of mozzarella cheese over beef. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours. Do not cook more than 5 hours.Makes 6-8 servings. Serve with salad and garlic bread.

Country Salisbury Steak (from Kraft)
1.5 lbs ground beef
1 pk chicken stuffing mix
1.5 c. water divided
3/4 c. chopped onions
1 pk. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c. bbq sauce

Preheat to 375, mix meat, stuffing, onions and 1 1/4 c. water until blended. Shape into oval patties and place into pan. Bake 25 minutes or until cooked through. In a nonstick skillet, cook mushrooms over medium heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned, then add in bbq sauce and remaining water, simmer on low until heated through. Serve over patties.

Cheeseburger Joes (from Kraft)

1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
hamburger buns
4 KRAFT Singles (although I use sliced cheddar)

Brown meat in a skillet and drain, mix in BBQ sauce and ketchup, cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally, spoon onto burger buns and top with cheese.

1 comments:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• July 14, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

I loooove CrockPot lasagna. So easy :) Looks like a great menu!!

Back to TOP