Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My So-Called Blog.

With all this talk about "pr blackout" (what a joke) and "mommy bloggers" vs. "review bloggers," I've taken notice that I'm feeling like I've failed... What the hell am I doing here? Starting out, I just wanted to write and have a hobby, be like some of the other blogs that I've read and do a couple reviews maybe.... What have I become? What am I doing? Now don't get me wrong. I enjoy this site immensely... I love having an outlet to turn to when I need to vent or can't sleep, I love the friends that I've made and the products that I've reviewed... I just feel like A Couch With A View is lacking in the "personal posts" area...

But guess what peeps... My life really isn't that interesting. I'm boring. Yet in real life, I know that I'm funny and can talk your ear off... so where did I go wrong here? Why am I having such a hard time writing here, the personal posts?

Because I feel like I'm a chatterbox and a funny gal "in the moment." Not when I have to sit and think about it. I wish I could write all day about "I saw this in the grocery store" and "Obama vs. the Senate and my views" or "why does my husband pick his nose" but honestly I can't. I'm boring... I'm home practically 24/7... We play in the yard... I do laundry... I cook... I clean... I spend my days with a five year old and an *almost* one year old. I have practically no interaction with adults in a given day besides my gal pals online.

Not much fuel for the ol' blog huh?

And by the way... my husband DOES pick his nose.

10 comments:

Kristin August 5, 2009 at 2:40 AM  

So does mine!! ROFL ewwwwww

Leslie M. August 5, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

And you don't think your funny? I just peed my pants! hahah
Just do what you just did Sista!

YOU have a Knack.... let it flow!
hahahahaha
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

PS.. My hubby does NOT pick his nose.. but he probably does other stuff I do NOT want to know about! (Thank God he keeps it to himself!)

Liz August 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

Casey-you are always funny! You are doing a great job blogging imho!

:-)

Kimberly August 5, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

Well I've been reading your blog for a little while now and I enjoy reading your posts - I don't find you boring in the least - you always give a good chuckle. So keep on writing.

Jackie August 5, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

Your life seems a lot like mine. Maybe that's why we moms all keep coming back. I enjoy your posts...and you are funny. (Although your husband may not think so when he finds out we all know about his nose-picking!) Keep writing!

Sarah August 6, 2009 at 12:32 AM  

I smell like flaming poo....

Mandy August 6, 2009 at 12:34 AM  

I think we all wonder about our purpose in the blogosphere at some point. But, my only advice is to do YOUR thing, because so many bloggers are trying to be like so many other bloggers. That's why I read so many different blogs...because I like individuality.

kado! August 6, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

You know what...we ALL have those days...or at least I do....some days I wonder why the heck I have a blog....and some days I think it might be what keeps me kind-a sane...because yes....I too only have adult interaction with bloggers....who I guess if you want to get right down to it...are not physically "real" people....(OK...I know we are...but it is not face to face interaction!) I chalk it up to the ebb and flow of life...some days the grocery store checkers are nice and some days they piss me off...it's just life..so I'll keep it up as it makes me happy...and I hope you do too...because YOU make me smile!....have a Great day!

LiveLaughLoveCj August 6, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

Casey, I've "known" you for quite some time, it's been a priviledge, really it has. I don't think you realize just how much "YOU" shine through here. No one wants you to be anything more than what you are, who you are.
You are in your face funny, you have a heart of gold, you can write your butt off, your there for friends and family alike with open arms, your reviews are honest and personal.
You are writing. Your not like another's blog, you are your blog, A Couch With a View. Not another like it.
So do what you do, when you do it, how you wanna do it....'cause girl your the bomb! (okay I just dated myself big time here - but only for you) ;)
Your fabulous, fierce and wonderful don't you ever ever forget it!

LiveLaughLoveCj August 6, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

oh and as for the picking of the nose - my hubby does it too - I'm like 'ewwwwwww can you NOT do that around me please!?! And what the hell is tissue made for if not for your damn nose!!!'

I don't even want to know what else he does that might send the gross factor off the charts.... I'm with Leslie on that one - keep it to yourself buddy! *tee hee*

Back to TOP