Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Can I Vent?

To be honest, we aren't very well off.
We live modestly.
We've either worked really hard for all that we have (which isn't much) or we've gotten lucky and have had family or friends that have given us stuff. I mean, my tv's, my couch, my dining room table- yeah, all given to me by my parents when they were moving, redecorating and whatnot.

So with our move coming up soon enough, and the landlord wanting to show this place during the month of September, we need to get things organized, start packing and purge, purge, purge. The hub has an aweful habit of also just bringing home things that friends of his or co-workers are just trying to throw away or giveaway. We've got tons of electronics stuff out in the garage that we have no need for that I've finally convinced him to get rid of. His mother gives us stuff that isn't our style or that we don't have space for... that stuff will be purged too.

So trying to be a good person, maybe up my karma points or something, I list this stuff on freecycle and craigslist, for FREE... 2 small tables, a chair, 3 computer monitors, a printer, a scanner, a bike, a pressure washer... for FREE... I mean someone who is just starting out is bound to need something, someone who fell on hard times might need something, who knows.

But if something is for FREE, how can you be picky?? Either you take it or you don't. I'm about to put it out to the curb with a big FREE sign, just to get it out of my garage so that I can pull the listings off of the sites because people asking questions about how old things are, what the serial numbers are, will they be compatible with this... I dont know!! Don't ask me!!! Its FREE!! If you want it, come and take it, try it out on your own!! I'm not a secretary, I'm not a personal assistant. I put up the information that I had and thats that....

BLAH!!!!!!!!!! Ya try and do something nice and it comes back to bite ya in the ass....

7 comments:

Liz August 26, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

Gosh, the nerve of some people!! I say, put it by the curb, and tell people to quit being so darn picky! Sorry you're having to deal with this crap, and I can't wait to hug your neck next month when I see you again friend!! :-)

Andrea Proulx August 26, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

I love when people act like they are going out of their way to take your free stuff. If they don't want it, don't take it. But you are just trying to help by offering some stuff.

kado! August 26, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

how funny!...I say Goodwill all the stuff...make sure you take a photo..and then it is a Nice Big tax-write-off.....I do that with all our stuff...it all really adds up!...and helps someone out too!

...and less drama!

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom August 26, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

Oh - I hear ya. I had that happen several times on Craigslist. Once I was offering some furniture for free and they wanted ME to deliver it. Ummm no. Another lady wanted to dicker with me about prices on something once she got to my house, even though online we had agreed to a price already. And those are just a few of the things I've experienced. If it's free, take it or leave it - period!

Anonymous,  August 26, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

Oh my GAWD! Some people! That is unbelievable. Take it to GoodWill or Salvation Army. :)

thinkingbrain135 August 27, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

This is EXACTLY why I no longer freecycle or CraigsList. Now, I just make hubby take everything to Goodwill.

We had a guy come pick up a big screen we no longer wanted. I wanted something smaller and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the TV, and like you I wanted to do something nice for someone.

After countless emails reminding him that he was supposed to show up and didn't he finally arrives...only he got pissed off when he realized my black leather furniture was not part of the offering. On top of that it looked like he and his buddy were casing the joint.

My hubby is 6'7" 291 lbs. and a giant teddy bear. But he was put in the position where he had to start thinking about how he would protect me and the boys if these creeps tried anything funny. I'm still livid over it.

Sorry you had so much trouble with the ungratefuls. It was very kind of you to want to help someone none the less.

CMC August 27, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

You mean you're not throwing in the moon and the stars AND gift-wrapping the stuff, too? Shame on you!

spitfyr323 at hotmail dot com

Back to TOP