Monday, August 3, 2009

Holey Donuts!!

Lets face it.
I'm no skinny chick.
I like food way too much.
I've had two babies.
I'm unmotivated.

But in the back of my mind I really do try to do little things to help myself along without sacrificing. Because once I sacrifice, I fall right off of the "eating right wagon."

When coming across Holey Donuts... First I laughed, I love love love the name... Then I was like, "Wait... Could these possibly be any good?" I mean really... their Ultra Low Fat Gourmet donuts. The words "low fat" immediately say to me, "eh, might not be so great." When the THREE boxes of Holey Donuts arrived, even though they come frozen and packed on dry ice, I had to open them up and just peek... They. Looked. Amazing. Holey Donuts tells you to put them into the freezer until you're ready to thaw them out to eat them, and the donut holes never even made it into the freezer... I was jamming them into my mouth before the evening was over. I don't think the box of 30 holes made it past a day and a half in this house.

If the holes were that good... what about the donuts themselves?? The hub and I decided we were going to be stingy and break into the box of donuts after the kids were asleep, so that we'd have first dibs and we wouldn't have to give up any bites to any whining kids. Selfish? Yes. But it had to be done, because I don't think I could have shared even if I wanted to, cause face it, I didn't want to. My fave from the sampler we received- definitely the caramel crumb... Too bad for me the hub got to the raspberry graham before I did because I think that one would have been a contender for the favorite one.

To be honest though, the ultimate test was the cinnamon buns. I love a really good, big ass, bakery cinnamon bun and I hold some high standards for them. I feel like I might have sat there for a while, watching them thaw, because I wanted at them. BAD. And when it was finally time and they were ready, I was so not disappointed.... I was in love. And then I kept eating... Did I taste apple? Oh yes... apple... wasn't expecting it... but lordy did I love it....

Point of the story here? Holey Donuts passed this fat girl's taste test all while cutting calories and fat at the same time. All while being affordable and convenient... who can argue with that??

4 comments:

Bridget/@queenofhaddock August 4, 2009 at 1:09 AM  

um...HOLEY SMOKES those look fabulous. doughnut lovers unite! :0)

Unknown August 4, 2009 at 2:07 AM  

Sounds like a perfect food for me! I LLLOOOOVVVEEE donuts, but try super hard not to eat them. I wouldn't have to feel as bad with these!

Leslie M. August 4, 2009 at 2:32 AM  

I WANT these!!!!!!!!!!! These need to make there way to my house, to my blog and to my stomach!!!! YUM!!!!
Darn it, now i am STARVING and it is 2:30 in the Morning! Thanks Casey... I want a donut and a cuppa Kuerig! ya little Devil! hahahha
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

kado! August 4, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

MMMMM..they even LOOK good too!

Back to TOP