Friday, August 21, 2009

Table Manners by Mia King Review

Here at A Couch With A View, I may be parked on the couch, but I don't do much reading. My attention span used to be big enough to read a book, but it seems like not so much anymore. Though given the opportunity to read and review Table Manners by Mia King through the Family Review Network, I said to myself- "I WILL read a book, I WILL!"

I feel like usually when I pick up a book, if it doesn't grab me within the first chapter or two, I'll never finish it. I can't tell you how many books that I haven't finished. Table Manners definitely kept my interest from start to finish, it was so easy to immerse myself into the book from the first page to the last... and my mother has already snagged it from me so that she can start reading it!

About Table Manners:::

Deidre McIntosh finally has all the ingredients for a perfect life. She has her own line of cakes and cookies, and the perfect boyfriend, Kevin Johnson, one of Seattle’s top bachelors. Creative, energetic, and loving, Deidre is the person friends go to when they need a helping hand. But when Kevin’s ex-fiancĂ©e, the sultry and successful magazine publisher Sabine Durant, suddenly appears in Seattle, it’s Deidre who needs help. Already intimidated by Kevin’s glamorous, moneyed world—and his sister, who wants Deidre out of Kevin’s life—she knows she’s no match for Sabine. Deidre turns to her friends for advice, but finds they’re having crises of their own. When her business begins to slip from her fingers, Deidre knows she must to do something to keep her career and her love life from imploding. Can everyone’s favorite go-to person save herself?


To say that the book was droolworthy is putting it lightly- the book is chock full of delicious recipes as well, like Lemongrass Green Tea and more that you can find at Mia King's website.
Table Manners by Mia King is available at Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.

3 comments:

BALLET NEWS August 22, 2009 at 7:51 AM  

Hello, I'm leaving a comment for you because you have a great site here - I've really enjoyed reading your posts and your pictures are great !

Thanks for sharing them and have a lovely weekend

Sarah @ Queen Mommy August 22, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

Table Manners sounds great. I'll definitely have to check it out.

Pricousins August 23, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

I want to read this book! I've read a couple of good reviews about it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Back to TOP