Sunday, August 23, 2009

Quotable Sunday

I'm thinking its time to participate in Toni's Quotable Sunday again!!
Each Sunday, Toni hosts Quotable Sunday- you can participate too, head over and link up!!

This week I want to do a few quotes about respect. I feel like I like to give everyone respect unless they give me a reason not to. I was disrespected, in my eyes- very seriously, by a family "friend" last weekend at my own childrens birthday party, so respect has been weighing heavy on my mind all week long.

"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." ~Jackie Robinson

"Being brilliant is no great feat if you respect nothing." ~Johann Wolfgang VonGoethe

"Be beautiful if you can, Wise if you want... But be respectful- that is essential" ~Anna Gould


7 comments:

Absurd Book Nerd August 23, 2009 at 1:44 PM  

Sorry you were disrespected. These are great quotes!

Unknown August 23, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

Great quotes! I agree respect is a must.

Rhonda Gales August 23, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Sorry to have you were disrespected at your child's birthday party.

I like the Jackie Robinson quote -"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being."

Hopefully, the person who disrespected you will read it.

Unknown August 23, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

I totally agree and have the same outlook, until you give me a reason to I will respect you, no matter who you are but once I lose respect it's hard for me to give it back to someone :)

Love this quote, sums it up well

"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." ~Jackie Robinson

Unknown August 24, 2009 at 12:14 AM  

Love this quote: I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." I am sorry you had a tough week, I am big on respect too and it just sucks that you had that kind of week. Hope your week is better!

Unknown August 24, 2009 at 3:36 AM  

Sorry you were disrespected. I loved the first and last quotes!

Shelley August 26, 2009 at 6:54 AM  

Great quotes!! My fav is Jackie's.

Back to TOP