Saturday, August 1, 2009

Can I do this justice?

I've been sitting here... staring... reading... staring again... tapping my fingers on the keyboard and thinking... Can I write this? How do I even put it into words? Lizzy said it perfectly. Sarah said it eloquently. Kristin took the words out of my mouth. How can I even express how I feel about the friends that I've made along the way??

I can say that I am blessed. I'm lucky. (Or maybe I'm just that damn cool that I attract only the coolest of chicks to be my friends...) I, never in a million years, thought that my measly little site could bring me 3 of the most amazing friends that I could ever ask for in my life. I've been given a huge gift in my life of real friendship...

There's Liz, who has got to be so down to earth and much braver than I am, being the mom of 4 kids... She's wonderful and sweet and kind... She's a woman who I give so much respect to, so grounded and real, keeping her head on straight and giving me someone to strive to be like.There's also Sarah, who's snarky (god I love that word) comments and "oh-no-you-didn't" attitude I could never live without. I couldn't bear to be without Sarah's loyalty and though we love to laugh and joke, I love that I can be so real with her.And last, but most certainly not least, is Kristin... I admire Kristin, on so many levels. The strength, the friendship, the caring and the giving... I'd be lost most days if I didn't have her in my life. She was the first person that reached out to me that I really and truly clicked with and I know that we will always be there for each other.We're all different, yet so alike... we bring so much to our friendships and at this point I can't imagine what it would be like to be without them in my life...

Did I do this post justice? I can't say that I did. No words could ever express how grateful and happy that having these amazing, strong, hilarious, wonderful women in my life makes me. The only thing that makes me sad about these women is how far apart we each live from each other, though I keep the thought in the back of my mind, that we are each only a phone call (or a mouse click) away from one another at all times....

2 comments:

Sarah August 1, 2009 at 1:24 AM  

Quit slobbering all over me....I'm just your average uppercut durdle...mmm-kay?

Kristin August 1, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

She sure is!

I'm so glad I have you guys. esp. you! BlogHer would never be the same with you Casey!

Back to TOP