Did you know that from grades Kindergarten through 5th, you'll make over 1,200 school lunches?? That's a heck of a lot, and though I'm no stranger to making lunches (I make the hub's every day) I am new to making kids school lunches. I've got this sinking feeling that its going to be expensive... with a capital E.
Saving money on packing up the lunches is something to strive for, because nowadays, we're not all made of money and though we like to think we are, when its time to pay the bills and balance the checkbook, we realize we aren't!
Save on packing school lunches by...
- Buying the larger containers and portioning yourself into reusable containers. Convenience packaging is far more expensive.
- Stick to your list!! Make sure you're using a grocery list and don't buy on impulse. Check the sales and use your coupons!
- Involve the kids- no one wants to see things come back home that the kids were supposed to eat for lunch. Make them more prone to eating all of their lunch by letting them help make the decisions to what's going in there! Make a list and let them circle their choices for their lunches.
- Keep it fun! Use cookie cutters to cut sandwiches, let kids make cracker sandwiches, use wraps from time to time. Even cereal in a cereal container can be a welcome change for lunch!
- Shop discount stores! Places like Grocery Outlet are a great way to make your money go further by costing about 50% less than conventional retailers.
Want to win a $100 Grocery Outlet gift card?? Just leave a comment here with your favorite school-days, money saving, lunchbox addition!!
Follow or Subscribe to A Couch With A View
Follow CaseyDeuce on twitter and tweet this giveaway.
Become a fan of A Couch With A View on Facebook.
Become a fan of Grocery Outlet on Facebook. Leave a message on the wall saying "A Couch With A View sent me!!"
Follow GroceryOutlet on twitter.
Add my text link to you blogroll- http://acouchwithaview.blogspot.com/
Post my button on your blog.
Post about this giveaway on your blog!
If you don't have a blog, you can gain extra entries by emailing a friend about this giveaway! Make sure you include the link!! Just CC me in your email! email@example.com
This giveaway will accept entries until 11:59 pm on Tuesday, September 8th. Giveaway open to residents of the US only please. Winner will be drawn with random.org and emailed. Winner must reply within 48 hours to winning email or a new winner will be drawn. Please make sure that your email is accessible, whether in the comment or a blogger profile, cause if I cant contact you, how can you win??