Sunday, November 1, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

I've decided I must start doing more with all the steaks that the hub has been bringing home from work. For some reason, I'm in a steak rut with them and I haven't quite figured out any new, easy, inexpensive recipes... my MPM goal for this week? Find some new steak recipes!!Recipes are below!!

Monday: Steak Quesadillas


Tuesday: Pecan Crusted Chicken Fingers

Wednesday: Crockpot Lasagna

Thursday: Potato & Bacon Soup with Grilled Cheese


Friday: Hot Dogs

Saturday: Crockpot Cornbread Taco


Sunday: Saucy Pork


Once again, breakfasts are usually cold cereal, oatmeal and sometimes Boug just wants toast and a banana! Lunches usually are leftovers or sandwiches paired with yogurt or fruit generally. My meals are usually a bit heavier in meats and chickens as hub is a butcher and brings so much home for free or next to nothing!! Check out more Menu Plan Monday entries at orgjunkie!!

Recipes:::
The pecan chicken fingers & the potato bacon soup are both in All You magazine, I can't seem to find them online, and I can't find my magazine, but I know its around here somewhere. I'll update with those 2 recipes once I find it!!

Crockpot Lasagna (from A Welcoming Heart)
12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 jar(28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup water
16 ounces cottage cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated

Break noodles in half. Place half of the noodles in bottom of greased 4-quart slow cooker. Stir Italian seasoning into meat and spread half over the noodles already in slow cooker. Then layer half of the sauce and water, half of the cottage cheese, and half of mozzarella cheese over beef. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours. Do not cook more than 5 hours.Makes 6-8 servings. Serve with salad and garlic bread.

Crockpot Cornbread Taco Casserole: (from the savings ninja)
1 lb. ground beef
1 pk. taco seasoning (and specified amt. of water)
2 c. diced tomatoes
1 diced green bell pepper
Cornbread muffin mix (6 muffin package, along with ingredients specified to make)
1/2 c. cheddar cheese

Prepare ground beef with taco seasoning as stated on package. Mix together in a greased crockpot ground beef, diced tomatoes, diced bell pepper. Prepare corn muffin mix and spoon over top. Cook on low for 6 hours. Top with cheese and serve.

Saucy Pork (from Kraft)
2 tsp. oil
1 pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4 inch slices
3 c. frozen peas
1 can turkey gravy
1/4 c. italian dressing
1 pk. stuffing mix for chicken

Heat oil in skillet and add pork, cook about 5 minutes or until browned on each side. Stir in peas, gravy and dressing, bring to a boil. Prepare stuffing separately. Put stuffing over the meat mixture around the edge of the skillet, cover and simmer (med-lo) for about 10 minutes.

3 comments:

Savings Ninja November 1, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

This is a great steak recipe you can do in the crockpot:
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/07/crockpot-peppercorn-steak.html

And I often use steak for beef fajitas in the crockpot:
http://savingsninja.blogspot.com/2009/07/crockpot-beef-fajitas.html

And this steak salad is awesome too:
http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/04/steak-salad.html

Have a good week!

Leah November 2, 2009 at 1:24 AM  

Im chuckling to myself here, my husband is a butcher too so I almost never have to pick up meat anymore. In fact, the other day I ran into a great deal on Pork roast and had a problem choosing one because I had actually forgotten how to pick out a good piece of meat :(

The crockpot Cornbread taco sounds delish! Im going to have to remember that one and try it out, we love tacos, and cornbread...and crockpots :)

Unknown November 2, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Depending on the quality, you might want to make a Beef Stew.
Looks like you and your family will be enjoying some delicious meals.
I'm always looking for different meal ideas. That's why I love MPM.
You have a great week!

Back to TOP