Sunday, November 8, 2009

#cancerisnotajoke

I'm reposting here the video that the amazing, beautiful, STRONG, wonderful Sandra posted about her amazing, beautiful, STRONG, wonderful daughter who is coping and dealing with the day to day life with cancer. In case you haven't realized, CANCER IS NOT A JOKE. I guess that some people decide to say hurtful things, thinking that the world revolves around them and how they feel about things, but in actuality, there are people who would love to have the itty bitty problems in life, like breaking a nail, having to lose 5 pounds, a zit, having nothing to wear on a date rather than having to worry about which pills they need to take or what shot they are going to get that day. Although you may think that what you say may not be a big deal, or its just a joke, there are certain things that aren't okay to joke about.

(((Hugs))) to Sandra and Kayla. My thoughts are with you!!


4 comments:

lfhpueblo November 8, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

I agree, people should not joke about Cancer, and parents should teach their children skills about talking and interacting with other kids who are having to deal with illness' like this type.

CaseyDeuce November 8, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

RE: lfhpueblo

Wouldn't it be semi-better if it were only other kids who were ignorant to other peoples feelings? The sick, sad part of it is, that grown ass adults will talk and treat cancer like its some sort of a joke. Not cool.

Leslie M. November 9, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

Casey, I just have to comment... I am sick in the pit of my of my stomach! I know about the situation, have seen the posts etc.
No child should have to suffer with cancer. I am pediatric/neonatal nurse. I KNOW.
Cancer is NOT a joke!
My Father died of cancer. He had his leg amputated at the thigh and suffered the tortures of the damned before he died. My Mom had breast cancer back in 1976.

Yes, its a free Country and we can and do say what ever we want but our words and action do affect every one around us. By God it's HIGH time to step up and take responsibility for our words and deeds and stop being so self absorbed and stop acting like we own the world. I am tired of these shenanigans!!!

Have we as a Nation, as Women, As Bloggers lost that much heart that we don't have compassion for the sick, the needy and for children?? shame on us!!!!
co
Leslie
LeslieVeg@gmail.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Kristin November 10, 2009 at 2:19 AM  

Can I just get an AMEN? Seriously its so sad she's a baby babies aren't supposed to go through this.

Back to TOP