Sunday, May 31, 2009

Quotable Sunday

Toni over at A Daily Dose of Toni hosts Quotable Sunday each week, if you'd like to participate, head on over and link up!!

The quotes here at A Couch With A View this week are about acceptance. I did some reflecting this week about accepting people for who they are, as well as accepting myself for who I am.

"A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way that you are."
*author unknown

"Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them."
*Albert Einstein

"I wish they would only take me as I am."
*Vincent Van Gogh

"California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu starbright, the song remains the same."
*Led Zeppelin

"Happiness can only exist in acceptance."
*Denis De Rougamont

"God grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time. Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace. Taking, as He did, this sinful world, as it is, not as I would have it. Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His will. That I may be reasonably happy in this life, and supremely happy with Him forever in the next."

8 comments:

Anonymous,  May 31, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Great quotes! I love "Happiness can only exist in acceptance."
*Denis De Rougamont

Have a wonderful day!

MediMonsters May 31, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

Great quotes!!

Have a great week.

Erica May 31, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

Thanks for sharing, great quotes

Rhonda Gales May 31, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

Love your quotes. The first one is my favorite. Hope you're having a great day!

Unknown May 31, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

Great quotes casey!!! I love this one:

"A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way that you are."
*author unknown

It's so true. Thank goodness for awesome friends :)

Becca June 1, 2009 at 12:44 AM  

Acceptance is really hard...great quotes! :)

kado! June 2, 2009 at 10:43 AM  

great quotes....♥ the one about friends!

Anonymous,  June 2, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

the Lords Prayer - best one! sorry I'm taking so long to get around to everybody. I'll do better next time.

Back to TOP