Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mama Loves To Smile!!

I'm embarassed to say that I've been ashamed of my smile. I drink far too much coffee and I smoke... I've been this way for 10 years and its just who I am. I have no intentions of changing it at this point in my life. I honestly don't think I'd survive a day without coffee!!

I look back at birthday pictures with the kids, Christmas pictures, and just everyday pictures and I do notice that in lots of them, I'm doing the "closed-mouth" smile. I hate that smile on me. It looks fake, where in fact, its not a fake smile moment, EVER.

So with that being said... I've been eyeballin' teeth whitening systems for a long time now, but I haven't been able to justify the cost. And dentists office whitening, gosh I'd loveeee to do that, but its just so expensive!! When I had the opportunity to try the Luster 1 Hour Whitening system, I jumped! Could it be what I've been looking for??

So following the instructions... I followed them step by step. I wanted to get my maximum results out of this bad boy!! First off, taking your tooth shade... NOT something that I wanted to do, but I knew that it had to be done in order to really see the results. Its so embarassing... on the Luster system scale of 1 to 21, 21 being the darkest... I was about a shade 14... NOT COOL!! So then as they said to, I marked that down and then brushed and flossed as normal.

I found the steps really easy and not a burden to do at all. Rinse for 10 seconds with their Accelerator mouth rinse. Easy peasy. Next was to basically "paint" on the Luster whitening gel and let that dry for about 20 seconds on my teeth. Then the 3rd part was to put the Luster tooth whitening light onto my teeth and turn it on. It has its own self timer for 2 minutes, since I got distracted while waiting browsing blogs and chit chatting with my EM girls, this was a good thing. Even though at one point the hub said "Ummm... why do you have a flashlight in your mouth?"

For the first time around, I repeated this a total of 10 times. Since its proven to work after only 10- 2 minute applications, you can do it for 20 applications to start with if you'd like. Off to the bathroom I went in between each time to repeat... rinse, paint, light... rinse, paint, light... After the 10th time, I just swished around with water and grabbed the dreaded tooth shade chart... all the time thinking "C'mon Luster... Don't fail me now..." and sure enough, after 10 applications I was a shade 9!!! I felt a huge wave of relief!! Luster has proven itself to me!! All that with absolutely no sensitivity to my not so perfect teeth!

I can honestly say that about an hour and $39.99 (at amazon.com) is a small price to pay to feel a bit more confident in smiling with my children in pictures and everyday life. I'm happy to say that Luster 1 Hour White has definitely passed my test and this is a great product, even to have on hand for before special occasions or family photos or even when you need a confidence boost. Its also available at CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid.

3 comments:

Leland's Mama May 4, 2009 at 12:07 AM  

Off topic, but I have another award for you. Thanks for your help and being so awesome!
http://www.mamamakesmoney.net/2009/05/post-200-accepting-two-more-awards.html

Unknown May 4, 2009 at 12:52 AM  

Great review Casey! I have been looking for more cost effective ways to whiten my teeth as well.

Sarah May 4, 2009 at 1:15 AM  

Hmm...I might have to look for that. Lord knows a coffee freak like me could use it!

Back to TOP