Sunday, May 3, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

After an insanely draining, sickness-filled week, I'm now on to my 2nd week participating in Menu Plan Monday!! All in all, everything went as planned, except Friday, Saturday and Sunday's recipe's got bumped cause we wound up having pizza at my grandparents Friday night!! So without further ado...
Monday: Pulled Pork

Tuesday: Hearty Beef & Rice

Wednesday: Chicken Caesar Salads

Thursday: BBQ Bacon Pizza

Friday: Eggplant Parm & pasta

Saturday: Breakfast for Dinner

Sunday: Eggplant Parm Subs w/ L/O eggplant parm

I'm giving myself an easy weekend cause our yard sale from last weekend got cancelled due to both of the kiddos being sick!! It really hasn't been fun around here this week into this weekend!! Here's hoping next week goes a little smoother!! I'm giving myself a fairly easy week, with minimal grocery shopping, just in case it isn't as smooth. Also, because I'm going to attempt again to have the stinkin' yard sale this weekend!!!

Recipes:

Pulled Pork-
easy for me!! Toss the Boston Butt into the crock pot with some BBQ, water and onions.

Hearty Beef & Rice-
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 c. instant rice
14 oz. can stewed tomatoes
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 1/2 c. hot water
In a large skillet, brown ground beef and drain. Add onion and cook till tender. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for ten minutes or until rice is tender.

Chicken Caesar Salads-
once again, another easy one for me!!

BBQ Bacon Pizza-
I use pillsbury thin pizza crust, honey bbq sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon and onions. Fry up the bacon and onions together and drain off the fat. Put the pizza crust out on a cookie sheet, brush on some honey BBQ, top with Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle the sauteed onions and bacon on top. Bake on the bottom rack according to the pizza crust directions.

Eggplant Parm-
I fry up breaded, sliced eggplant. Dry off on paper towels and then layer with the pasta sauce that is loaded with veggies, I occasionally add in shredded carrots and zuchinni. Layers of fried eggplant, sauce and cheese. I bake at 350 until the top layer of cheese is melted, a little brown and bubbly!!

Breakfast for Dinner-
Will totally end up being eggs over easy, toast, hashbrowns, and bacon.

Eggplant Parm Subs-
Another easy one, I just use the leftover eggplant parm, load it up onto sub rolls with some extra sauce and cheese and bake til everything is all warm and delicious!

1 comments:

Shannon May 4, 2009 at 12:58 AM  

What a great idea! I should totally do this! I'll let you know if I do.

Back to TOP