Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Can't We All Just Get Along???


With all the carpetbagging and wah-wah-wah'ing going on about this crap and that crap... (who discloses, who doesn't, who made what list, who didn't) I just need to take a minute to reflect. I truly am thankful for the friends that I've made through writing A Couch With A View and through visiting other blogs out there. I don't consider these people just "bloggers" anymore. They're friends, amazing women, awesome mothers and so much more to me.

So what if I didn't make some list?? The only list that really matters to me is the list of people who I care about and those that care about me. It would be a great honor to make a well respected list, but I know that when its my time to make it, I will.

So what if YOU didn't make some list?? Does the opinion of others really matter that much to you? Are you desperately seeking approval from anywhere you can get it? Do you not have people in your life that GENUINELY care?

With this all being said, be grateful for the people that you care about, the blogs that you can relate to and the friendships that you have made. Jealousy gets you no where and its so obvious. Nitpicking at others brings out your own flaws even more so just let that go. Be happy that you are who you are and that you're not like the people that you dislike. Lose the fake act, people can see right through it. Be honest, be genuine and be true. Embrace those who bring out the best in you and don't lose your integrity putting others down at your own self pity.

*stepping off my soap-box*

7 comments:

miriama May 14, 2009 at 3:58 AM  

Interesting. I must have missed something in blog world. I have been reading my fair amount of blogs out there recently talking about how some bloggers having problems.

I don't know what list you are talking about but I like your blog. I do know that some bloggers seem to be cliquish as mentioned in another blogger's post.

High school never goes away.

kado! May 14, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

I ♥ the new blog look!

....I must have missed something too...What List? ..and if it makes you feel any better...I know of NO list that I'm on either...maybe that is a good thing?

Hey...you are on a list on my computer....it's my Google Reading list...and it likes you as much as I do! It lets me know when you update your blog so I can come on over and check you out...& you are lookin' Good! ;)

Angela May 14, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

I hear you. I blog for me, its cheaper than therapy. If anyone other than my parents read (they only want the photos, not the text) then that's great. But I won't ever make any of the lists, and that's ok. But you're a better writer and bigger blog than me, so hang in there. List or not, you have an audience.

Pricousins May 14, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

I agree. I'm here to share my life and F everyone else.

Kristin May 14, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

This is so very true Casey! I loved the embrace those who support you, it's so true.

I'm lucky to have the small group of closenit gals that I do. I lover you!!

MOMFOREVERANDEVER May 14, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

I missed it all too- and maybe that was good I did- I agree- we are not in jr. or hs anymore grow up people

Joy and Melissa May 15, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

Tell them like it is chick! :O)

Back to TOP