Sunday, April 26, 2009

Who Am I To You?


Does it matter?

Do you agree with me every second of the time?

Probably not.

Sure, lump me in with the other "mommybloggers."
I don't mind. I'm proud to associate myself with so many fabulous women.

I love my readers, I love being able to tell you about things that are awesome in my eyes. I love being able to make new friends. I love seeing peoples personalities shine through in so many of the comments and the posts that they write.

I like to think that my readers like me, I mean, I have a lot of the same people coming back and I have lots of new people who visit and say hey. So I must be doing something right.

If my, or anyone elses, site isn't relevant to you, or doesn't catch your attention, do you keep frequenting it? Is that being a "glutton for punishment?" My guess is that the majority of people don't keep going back to sites that just don't measure up, and let me tell you, some awesome women have really set that bar pretty damn high. Do the millions of blogs out there that DON'T measure up affect you personally? Probably not. The vast majority of people probably just click that little red x in the upper right hand corner. You wont catch me crying over my dinner telling my family about the blogs that are junk.

So if something isn't relevant to you, you don't visit that site, you don't agree with the blogger, do you complain? Do you lump all people into one big category? Cast off all "mommybloggers?" No, probably not.

If you did that, you'd be missing out. You'd be losing hearing from amazing women, whether it be about their day, their child, their job, a product review or whatever. You'd be losing out on relationships with people that you never knew could be your friend. The blogging community is amazing and I'm proud to be a part of it. I'm proud for my accomplishments and the posts that I have written and I'm proud of the other "mommybloggers" that I have become lifelong friends with and their accomplishments. Though some say that real bloggers are there for the community and not the perks, but how does anyone know which clique which bloggers belong to? There are millions of bloggers, from all different genres, that have become friends, have their little circles and that are some of the most welcoming women on the web, but maybe its just not flaunted everywhere. Sometimes it may look as if some bloggers are there simply for the reviews and giveaways and making a buck, but in all honesty its not always true because not everyone advertises their affiliations.

But at the end of the day, whats it to you? Are you happy and proud to be a part of the blogging community and excited about the friends that you have? Or are you laying in bed, tossing and turning over the $.14 cents that someone has made because you clicked a link? Are you pulling your hair out because someone got a free t-shirt? Or are you happy and thankful that you sat down, toured some fab sites and feel like you know some people just a little bit better? Are you pleased because someone finally told you what you needed to hear about a purchase you've been putting off?

Or are you amazed at all the people who are a part of the "mommyblogging" community, who have taken time away from their reviews, posts and whatever else, to say a prayer for some of the "mommybloggers" babies and families who have just needed that extra prayer from people out there who were willing? Just because it was the very least that they could do. Have you gasped in awe of the "mommybloggers" who have worked with companies to get them to donate to causes, to people in need, and surprised at the ability that they have to do what they have done?

I'm proud to be a "mommyblogger." I'm proud that I have something to say that people what to hear, I'm proud that if I say that something is cool, that people believe me. I'm proud that I can call myself a "mommyblogger" and be in the ranks of some of the greatest women around. From all walks of life, from all areas of the world.

Thank you.
Thank you for reading my site. Thank you for relating to me. Thank you for taking my opinion for what it is worth. And thank you for coming back. My readers are the reason that I'm here, and my readers, and the blogs that I read have become some of the dearest friends to me and I thank you for your friendship as well.

5 comments:

Leslie M. April 26, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

I like you!

I like reading what you have to say!

think you are funny, spirited and adorable!!

I Really Like your Sense of Humor, I remember a post a while back "I call you out," maybe it was not meant to be funny, but I got a kick out of it, even the title of the post!!!!

I love that you congratulate winners on contests that you, yourself don't win!

Just wanted you to know!!!

Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Lesley April 26, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

nice post....all so true too.....I remember when I firsts started...and I would get so butt hurt if I lost a follower...like what did I do?...now...I just write what's in my heart...and if you like it you do...if not...that's okay

Pricousins April 26, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

I think I know what you're referring to and it's a shame that people have nothing better to do. I blog about many things, not just products... so I could care less what people think! :-)

kado! April 27, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

YEAH!!! for Mommy-Bloggers!!!!

I think you just gotta keep true to your-self....if someone wants to follow along...or not....that is up to them at that time in their life...as long as you are having fun and it keeps you smiling....I'm all for that!!!

=)

Kristin,  April 27, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Well I love Casey and everything she has to say. I love that as a community we don't always have to agree 100% but we're always friends. That's what its all about bitches!

Back to TOP