Wednesday, March 11, 2009

You're Kidding Me, Right?

I've been avoiding the whole Octo-Mom post for a while now, because I hate the politics of it all, but I just can't help it anymore. Its so obnoxious.

So Octo-Mom, you bought a new house huh? A house that costs $565,000? Oh wait, whats that? Didn't you say that you were paying for your kids with school loans? Oh yeah? You're unemployed? Wow... unemployed and snagged a $565,000 house. Interesting.

I think the whole Octo-Mom, desperate for unconditional love, story is pathetic and irresponsible. I don't think that she deserves the attention that she receives. I don't think that her situation is worthy of a nickname, even if its as stupid sounding as "Octo-Mom"

Whats even sadder is that there are plenty of kids out there who are born to people who are not actually looking to "raise" kids. Some people just have kids, whether its the responsible thing to do or not, just as long as they have unconditional love from someone.

And ya know what? My husband works his ass off, I try really hard to maintain a decent running household and there is NO WAY IN HELL that we could ever afford a $565,000 house. Shit, I'd be happy if we could own our very own modest house, no more than $200,000. I guess sometimes it just pays more to pop out a crapload of kids and not work at all.

7 comments:

Jenn@ The Crazies March 11, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

No Casey, to get that kinda stuff you have to pop out tons of kids, and NOT take care of them well, and go on welfare and food stamps (nothing wrong with that if you are trying to improve yourself) AND you have to be a NUT JOB!!!
I second everything you said. We are in the process of purchasing our house that we live in now for $400,000 and it is very hard work! & we both work FULL TIME! I am disgusted with OctoMOM

The Mommy-Files March 11, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

I totally agree that it's absolutely ridiculous that she has become a "celebrity" for being irresponsible and mooching off of other people.

My husband works his tail off and we can't afford to buy a home right now. Why should she be able with no income?

A Psych Mommy March 11, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

That whole situation is crazy--and doesn't she have a couple of kids with disabilities? I'm not sure how she can focus her time and extra attention with all of her kiddos--oh and the house thing amazed me too

Minxy Mimi March 11, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

She needs to just go away. She needs to finally do whats best for someone other than herself and get those kids into a stable enviournment. She really sickens me.

Kristin March 11, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

But Casey she lives in Southern Cali right in the heart of the city. The house she got wasn't even all that nice. It's just expensive to live there, hence while we moved back to Oregon.

But I do think its nice of people to help her. Keep in mind right now I'm t a chill moment. I've had a very angry last few days. I'm going easy on her..

kado! March 12, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

...she bought a house...your kidding me...last I heard the home she was living in(her parents) was being foreclosed on...how can she buy a house then??? This world is crazy!

hey...I just got the email from you that I won a giveaway!!! YEA!!! What a great surprise!! I'll go over to the site and browse tonight! Thanks!

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom March 14, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

Yeah, that whole situation just makes my head spin. She's a nut - that's all there is to it. I don't think she's "deserving" of any name either. You tell her Casey!

Back to TOP