Sunday, January 25, 2009

Quotable Sunday #2

Its Sunday again, which means its time for Quotable Sunday over at A Daily Dose of Toni! This week we're going with quotes about music since my daughter will NOT stop singing that Taylor Swift "Love Story" song! These quotes are either about music, by a musician or from a song.


"Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn." ~Charlie Parker

"Music is the universal language of mankind." ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Outre-Mer

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~Ronald Reagan

"Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music." ~Jimi Hendrix

"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." ~Bob Marley

"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked" ~Jimi Hendrix

"Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn." ~Charlie Parker

"If music be the food of love, play on: give me excess of it..." -William Shakespeare

Want to take part in Quotable Sunday??? Head on over to A Daily Dose of Toni and link up!!





4 comments:

Unknown January 25, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

We were both young when I first saw you.
I close my eyes and the flashback starts:
I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air.

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns.
See you make your way through the crowd
and say hello;



ha ha ha ha love ya girl!!

Minxy Mimi January 25, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

Awesome!!!
Music has the power to change the world!
Love this one:
"If music be the food of love, play on: give me excess of it..." -William Shakespeare

Who doesn't love some Shakespeare?

Stacy Uncorked January 25, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

Great quotes! I like this one:

"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." ~Bob Marley

Good choices! ;)

Jennifer January 25, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

I had not heard the Reagan quote before and I like it.

Back to TOP