Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Why I Blog.

For me, blogging wasn't something that I had pictured myself doing. I would occasionally read blogs, and I was a lurker for a while. I read and never commented, I laughed along, and had heartfelt feelings for people, but they never knew it. I was shy at the beginning. (Though anyone who actually knows me, knows I am not at all shy!)

I started commenting. People were so friendly! They actually noticed my comments!! That opened up a whole can of worms!! I started commenting all over, I started entering the giveaways and I snagged up some wonderful things in the process. But more importantly, I had a "network."

Being a stay at home mom, home all week without a car is tough. The only friend that I have in real life who is still in the area is about an hour away. My friends aren't stay at home moms like me, they have busy jobs, careers even. They have no kids, most of them barely relate to me anymore. Being involved with blogging made me see that I can still have friends, even if we don't talk on the phone, take shopping trips or anything else that friends do together in life. We do these things differently around the blog-o-sphere.

The little bit of acceptance started the ball rolling, I got my own blog and I wound up making more friends! More people came to see what I had to say! I couldn't believe it at first- people care about what I have to say!?!? People want to give me advice about topics that I needed help with?!?! People thought that items that I used could help them out?!?! Little ol' me? CaseyDeuce who lost her self confidence years ago because of all the grown apart friendships? I was dumbfounded.

Since then I have met so many amazing women, mothers, aunts, grandmothers, sisters, brothers, fathers, and the list goes on. Each person has something so special to bring to a friendship and that has been the greatest reward of my blogging experiences. I finally feel like I fit in somewhere, like what I've been doing makes sense. Its a tension reliever to be able to chat with these people and I feel truly lucky to know them.


3 comments:

Anonymous,  January 27, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

Great post Casey! Well said!

LiveLaughLoveCj January 27, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

Casey, I am one of those people who are so delighted by what you do and express on your blog! I learn so much, I am always assured to smile, giggle and occassionally a proud tear! Yes, you know me, I'm sappy that way.

I wish you this! Your birthday is two days after mine, so my birthday is your birthday wish- double the wishes for this wonderful opportunity. I hope it comes true for you! If I had it, I'd send you myself. Maybe if I hit the lottery before then. In the meantime I hope you find sponsorship or win this!!
G-O G-O G-O CASEY!!!
You matter so much to so many!

kado! January 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Hello...came across you blog..it's great! Totally understand where you're coming from...I'm a stay-at-home mom too and last year we moved from the West coast where ALL our friends and extended family live to the East coast where I know no one! Luckily my boys are my favorite people to be with...some days are hard...blogging has been a fun creative outlet but it makes it hard when nearly all of my friends and family do not blog or remember to leave comments on mine! AGH! Oh well...Thanks for the great reading and enjoy your week!

Back to TOP