Monday, May 25, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

With a busy week of the Snazzy Summer event, family get togethers, long weekends and general stress, I finally sat down to figure out what next weeks meals would be... This was one of those weeks where I just didn't feel like doing it, but I know I'd be broke by Wednesday if I didn't!!

Monday: Ham and Cheddar Mac

Tuesday: Chicken Quesadillas

Wednesday: Cheeseburger Joes

Thursday: Reuben Sandwiches

Friday: Maple BBQ Chicken

Saturday: Beef tips over Noodles

Sunday: Oriental Chicken Salads


Once again, breakfasts are usually cold cereal, oatmeal and sometimes Boug just wants toast and a banana! Lunches usually are leftovers or sandwiches paired with yogurt or fruit generally. My meals are usually a bit heavier in meats and chickens as hub is a butcher and brings so much home for free or next to nothing!!

Recipes:

Ham & Cheddar Mac:
From kraftfoods.com

Chicken Quesadillas:
Totally to your own taste!!
I like mine with grilled chicken, onion, tomatoes and some guacamole on the side!

Cheeseburger Joes:
Once again, from kraftfoods.com

Reuben Sandwiches:
Make in crockpot!!
Saurkraut on bottom,
place corned beef brisket on top and sprinkle spice packet on top of the brisket.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Assemble sandwiches with corned beef and saurkraut, swiss, 1000 Island dressing on toasted marbled rye.

Maple BBQ Chicken:
taken from RazzleDazzleRecipes.com
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup maple flavored syrup
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 boneless, skinned chicken breasts

Place all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for about 7 to 8 hours or until chicken is done. Remove meat, shred and return to sauce. Place on buns for sandwiches or serve over hot rice.

Beef over Noodles:
This recipe is supposed to be made with sirloin tips, but to save I pretty much will use whichever cut of beef is thawed out.
1 lb. beef, cut into chunks
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can of sliced mushrooms

Place all into the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours, serve over egg noodles, I sometimes top with a dollop of sour cream if I have it in the fridge!!

Oriental Chicken Salads:
I miss working at Applebee's and getting them whenever I want, so I attempt to come as close as I can at home!!

1 romaine heart, cut up
1/2 red cabbage, shredded
1/2 green cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup rice noodles
3 tbsp. slivered almonds
1/2 lb. chicken, cut into strips and cooked- either grilled or breaded and fried
1/2 cup shredded carrots

Dressing:
1 cup mayo
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
Mix together and drizzle over salad mixture

4 comments:

Shannon May 25, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

Look like some yummy meals :)

Kristin,  May 26, 2009 at 1:39 AM  

I snagged a recipe! yum!

kado! May 26, 2009 at 7:59 PM  

MMMMM...That Oriental Ckn salad sounds delicious!!! Will have to try that one!

Back to TOP