Monday, November 24, 2008

Unsatisfied Customer

With times being what they are, I'm sure we are all doing everything we can to make the most of our money and I am a prime example of that. I do the online surveys, use special search engines and shop through certain websites in order to get the most bang for my buck or the amount of time that I spend online. If it seems "cheap," well I have to be cheap, or better yet frugal and a spendthrift. I'm not working, hubby's one income is barely getting us by and I've got to do anything that I can in order to feel like I contribute financially to the household.

Now with that being said, I don't normally bitch about companies or complain too much. If I have something not so nice to say, I try and keep it to a minimum. But this time, this time I just cant bite my tongue anymore!! My hub had $1,000 to spend on Overstock.com. I thought I did this shopping the smart way. I clicked through MyPoints.com as an account holder, in order to be credited 10 points for every dollar spent at Overstock.com. We thought this was great and that the answers to our "where-is-the-Christmas-money-coming-from" prayers had been answered. These points for $1,000 worth of purchases would have given us a nice giftcard through MyPoints.com to use to get Christmas presents for our daughter. I made a total of 9 separate purchases, 8 of them I used the correct procedure for clicking-through to Overstock.com from MyPoints.com to "register" the transaction so that I would be properly credited. Months later, I have only been credited for 4 of the transactions and of course, the 4 least expensive ones. I've begged, pleaded and have contemplated contacting the Better Business Bureau for these points in the hopes that they would see their error and award them. I have begged to speak with a manager or a supervisor of some sort but that hasn't helped. Finally they said that I may contact Overstock.com to try and get them to somehow resubmit the transactions so that I can get credited for the points, but no, Overstock.com's help told me to get back in touch with MyPoints.com. Honestly, the run around is frustrating, but I'd take it if I knew in the long run that I would be credited for the points that I am owed and I can redeem them in time to get the gift cards to make purchases for Christmas. But I dont feel like this is going to work out. I feel like this company has cheated me, lied to me and has completely ripped me off. I feel like both Overstock.com as well as MyPoints.com have been dishonest companies in this situation.

Maybe here's hoping that someone up high in one of these companies will hear my plea for help, maybe I just needed to vent, who knows. All I can say though is that it doesn't feel too good when you try and do all that you can to make the most of your money and seems to be impossible even after following all the steps.

With our faltering economy, what do you do to save money or even make a little bit somehow? How do you make the most of your purchases?

0 comments:

Back to TOP