Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wii Fit Sadness

Today, after my weekly running around, Boug decided today was the day to spend her $25 Toys R Us gift card that she got for Christmas. It was only supposed to be me and her, spending some 1 on 1 mother daughter time together, but she insisted that Daddy and Lil' Buddy come too. So off we went, the 4 of us, to Toys R Us....

Now normally, if I go somewhere that MIGHT have the Wii Fit in stock, Hubby says- "If you see a Wii Fit there, you better buy it!" and I say yeah yeah yeah okay... I have been attempting to acquire a Wii Fit without spending actual money on it. Saving up random gift cards, saving up my survey points, saving up my swagbucks etc... Then I'll report home and say "Awh, I'm sorry honey, they were completely out of stock on the Wii Fit..."

First thing the hub sees as we walk up to Toys R Us- a sign on the doors- "WII FITS IN STOCK" I cringe. I know that means we are not going to be able to leave the store without one. The man practically RAN to the video games section.

Long story short... Boug wandered around for way too long trying to make decisions on what she was buying. She finally settled on a tattoo machine and some new headbands, Lil' Buddy got the mam binkies we've been searching high and low for, and of course, Hubby got his Wii Fit.

To get it home and immediately hook it up is an understatement. I think that he had the thing turned on before I even got inside. Hub hopped on, set up his Mii... figured out his weight, BMI etc... Boug hopped on, Hubby set up her Mii... Then it was my turn.

Now I know I'm overweight. I've had 2 kids. I've never been a beanpole. I did not expect for the Wii Fit to tell me that I'm underweight or even normal weight. I expected overweight and that's it. I got on that sucker. I started plugging in my information... sure enough... OBESE. I cried. When did this happen? How did I do this to myself?

As much as I now despise the Wii Fit, I'll use it. "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." The Wii Fit is now my enemy and I'm keeping it pretty close. I'm gonna get my fat ass on that thing and be active. I'm gonna yoga it up, I'm gonna aerobics it up and I'm gonna slowly shed some pounds. I swear. It begins tomorrow.

4 comments:

Kristin January 22, 2009 at 1:22 AM  

Yoga it up baby!

Kick that wii fits ass!

Unknown January 22, 2009 at 1:53 AM  

I want one too so I can kick its ass!!

Anonymous,  January 22, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

Aww...it's a very GOOD thing you got it! Don't stress yourself out on it. Just play the games and have fun. You'll notice soon that you're feeling things shift around and pounds will come off. Once you get more energy, you can move on to the yoga and strength and have an actual workout. The key is to have fun. This game changed my life and if you don't look at it as a chore it won't be! I wanna hug you, I was where you are!

Denise March 31, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

I love the Wii Fit but I hate the weigh in functionality (and no, I'm not overweight or even close to it.) It's the one thing I'd change about the program. I don't think it's always in our best interests to weigh in or to be told exactly where we stand on the BMI scale.

Back to TOP