Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Are you a foodie?

I can't say that I consider myself a full fledged foodie. I love food. I love to cook. I love trying out new recipes, but I definately don't have the kitchen or supplies that I'd love to have in order to cook all the goodies I'd love to cook. I mean something as simple as mixing cookie dough or cake batter drives me crazy.

About 2 years ago I broke the hand mixer that was a hand-me-down from my mom. I could not even tell you how long she had that one for. But of course, I tapped it on the side of the bowl funny and the beaters got off kilter and cracked all the plastic and that was the end of the only hand mixer I owned.

2 years and at least 100 batches of cakes and cookies later, I'm still mixing things by hand. I've pined and pined for a KitchenAid Stand Mixer. I've sat in Macy's drooling and questioning if I could somehow shove it in my purse and run out the door. I've contemplated stopping by my friends house while they were on vacation and tossing hers into my car. I've hinted and hinted to mom and dad that its all I want for Christmas, birthday, Valentine's day, President's day....

Photobucket

And of course, I'm always broke. I can always think of a bill that needs to be paid that is keeping me from picking myself up a mixer. I guess I couldn't possibly buy a KitchenAid Stand Mixer
, hold a bake sale and then pay the bill. Not too adult-ish right?

Well, the sale ends tomorrow and I'll be missing it, but I figured I'd let you all know that the ever-so-wonderful Amazon.com has a fabulous kitchen & home 48 hour sale going on.

Some of the great things that they have on sale, besides my beloved Amazon.com, are the Rachael Ray 10-Piece Hard-Anodized Cookware Set, the iRobot 110 Dirt Dog Workshop Robotand the Circulon 2 12-Piece Cookware Set!

If you happen to pick something up, let me know, don't worry, I'll be jealous and you can rub it in my face....

2 comments:

Unknown January 15, 2009 at 12:12 AM  

Ohhhhh!! We have to find you one to win!!!http://ideas.thenest.com/generic/generic/Articles/kitchenaid-mixer-giveaway.aspx

Back to TOP