Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'd love to know, sex or communication?

After giving this much thought, I figured, what better place to ask then the "general public" who visit my site? I'd ask the actual general public, but I'd rather not stand up on a podium with a megaphone asking this one. Its a bit personal.

In any relationship, in general, where does the connection lay? Should it be equal parts mental stimulation with equal parts physical stimulation? Do you feel like you can connect better physically if you are already connecting mentally?

I tend to "shut-off" (for lack of a better phrase) my sexual desire if the mental connection isn't there. I find it quite easy to do, and that mental, intellectual, friendly spark is more of a aphrodisiac then anything else to me. For me, it's gotta be 65% mental connection with 35% physical attraction connection.

I made it into a poll, just in case anyone didn't want to discuss it. For those of you who are willing to discuss, I'm looking forward to your thoughts in the comments!!


3 comments:

KarieK April 16, 2010 at 12:19 AM  

Dude i love this! Yes...I so need to connect mentally and physically otherwise Freeda and I pack it in for "the bonus plan" and we cuddle. kthxbai

i farkin LURVE you!

Anonymous,  April 16, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

Brains, baby! I think that's mostly a female thing - or so it's been explained to me by my husband. *snarf* Want to connect physically with me? Gotta talk to me first!

Love this poll! Where've ya been?

Anonymous,  April 22, 2010 at 7:51 PM  

After nearly 20 years of marriage, my husband still can't figure this out. I guess because they are exactly the opposite. It makes for some trying evenings that is for sure!

Back to TOP