Friday, October 16, 2009

Please tell me if I have "idiot" stamped on my forehead...

Honestly, I'd really like to know what the new bus drivers issue is... is it that I called the bus garage and asked why my daughters bus got changed? I wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything bad going on. I wanted to make sure that there were no issues. She's only in kindergarten, and I haven't been through this song and dance yet...

Boug's bus route was changed because of the fact that there were 2 large busses that had too many children on them. So, without much advance notice, Boug's bus route was changed. To a small bus. A short bus. There's a stigma that goes along with the short bus. You can point your finger at me for letting that stigma carry on, but its always been that way and I can't say that I'm thrilled that she's riding one of those short busses. I understand why, and its not so bad because there are other kids on there that she knows, even a little girl from her classroom, but still... that stigma that goes along with the short bus kind of burns me.

But whatever, I got over it, I'm letting it go... until this morning. Literally 10 minutes ago, Boug got picked up by her bus, and as she's getting on the bus, the new bus driver shouts something to me as I'm standing there with Lil' Buddy. "Can you do me a favor and make sure you keep him back? I don't want him to dart out." My jaw dropped. My simple reply was, "Um yeah. I'm a responsible parent. I make sure that he doesn't go in the road." She made another comment about not wanting to run him over or having an accident or some bull...

This woman has never seen Lil' Buddy go in the road. I could understand if she had seen him in the road, but that's never happened. I always make sure I have at least one hand on the boy when the bus comes, and usually he's hanging out over by the front door of the house which is about 25 feet away from the edge of the road.

I feel insulted, I feel incompetant. The condecending tone was uncalled for. I'm a damn good, responsible, loving, caring and smart mother.

4 comments:

Jackie October 16, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

What in the world!?!??!!? That was uncalled for! She sounds like a real winner...NOT!

Maybe she needs to walk infront of a bus...I'm horrible lol

kado! October 16, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

you know what....our bus driver told me the same thing last year....and my little one had given him NO reason for saying it too...I felt SO offended...just like you....i had no idea why he was telling me that...like I needed parenting advice....when i fell like I'm doing a good job. So i feel ya!

...oh and Nox rides a little bus on the way to pre-k and a big one on the way home...i have to admit I had the same thoughts about the little bus....but oh well!

kado! October 16, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

um...i meant to type "felt"...not fell....typo! ;)

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom October 17, 2009 at 1:18 AM  

That is ridiculous!! I would feel the same way you do...and I watch my kids very carefully. UGH!!

Back to TOP