Sunday, May 30, 2010

Kickin' dirt...

Growing up in small town America, I was the girl always in the woods, mudding with the trucks, playing on the quads and the dirtbikes. I've never really been a girlie girl or a prissy girl. I've always been more of a tomboy and I look at my daughter now and I see her following right in my footsteps. I look at my son and I know that he's going to be one of those rough and tumble boys who have no problem climbing the bales of hay or he's going to end up being one of those teenage boys riding around in a big ol' lifted truck.

Right now, we live literally in the middle of two different types of fields. On our left is the sheep field and right across from us is the polo fields. Between the sheep, and the cows down the street, as well as the horses across the street, we've got our fair share of dust and debris always flying around. Since I was little, I've always had a pair of trusty boots to kick around with. I rely on them to be comfortable and to keep my toes out of the poo, literally. Its come the time where I'm scoping out new boots, cause I feel like I can never have too many. My latest quest is to find the perfect twisted x boots for myself! I'm definitely thinking about the womens barn burner pull on from twisted x. I'm definitely loving the rich brown leather with the blue trim, simply lovely!

Of course the kidlets need their boots too, I love having tough boots for them so I know that their feet are going to be well protected. Its come time to start scoping out boots for them too, and I'm thinking about the john deere boots for both Boug and Lil' Buddy. I don't think I could explain how much that Boug would love the john deere boots in pink. They'd balance out her girlie and her tough in one foul swoop!! And of course for Lil' Buddy, I couldn't tell you how cute my rough lil' man would look in the black and tan john deere boots!!

1 comments:

lfhpueblo May 31, 2010 at 10:37 PM  

Hubby is a cowboy boot person, and I'm a hiking boot sort. I just like the protection that boots seem to offer over other shoes; better support, thicker soles.

Back to TOP