Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hopefully the last bitchfest of 2009

I don't expect everyone to be like me. Not in the least. But there are some things that just seem to me should be automatic. Like taking care of your children. I've been biting my tongue for years now and each encounter with this person makes it harder and harder to keep my mouth shut. Tonight is the final straw, and I'm not even directly involved. Thankfully I wasn't even there when things were being said, and plans were being made, because Lord knows, there would have been a brawl. When your priority is to go out and get drunk, singing kareoke, albeit with family, instead of staying home with your child who had surgery just over 24 hours ago. There's something not right there. It not only makes me angry, it makes me sad. That's a sad thing, when at 2 years old your kid is the one drinking sprite out of a baby bottle. Its a sad thing that your other child is so desperate for attention. Its a sad thing when you'd rather go out versus stay home with your child who literally had surgery for a hernia just over 24 hours ago. At this point, I don't give a f*ck what the doctors orders are, they could have said he could jump off of a bridge today and be fine. I just would NOT leave my child at this point, I don't care how stressed I am or how much I deserve/need a break to let loose a bit. Its a sad, sad situation that angers me deeply.

And then, the only other thing I'm going to bitch about...

*edited...

I'm going to head off to a tropical island, leave everyone behind, drown my sorrows in the crystal blue oceans with a fruity drink with an umbrella in my hand.

Wishful thinking. Lets hope this is the last bitchfest of 2009.

9 comments:

fidget December 23, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

2 people you should punch- most def. I'm feeling particularly stabby right now, I'll help ya out

Rose @ NetWorkingWitches December 23, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

Hand me a pen darlin', I have aim on an eye.
As for you, lots of hugs. And hug the two year old from us. Poor baby.

karenmed409 December 23, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

wonder if our mothers have met? sounds just like mine. I lived with my grandparents back and forth when I was younger, we went back when she dried out a bit and the same routine would start.

Leslie M. December 23, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

Here's a Hug & Preach it Sista!!!
You Rock!
LOVE YOU!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://www.leslielovesveggies.net/

YUP, I'ma DOT NET! ;)

Unknown December 23, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

OH, that gets me SO heated!!! It's not a doctors orders in the medical and physical way that a child needs their parents...it is the EMOTIONAL way!!! Poor little kiddos. Some times iotjust neeeds to be said. BUt, you know...if they are THAT way, maybe the person taking care of them has more to offer than that parent. Maybe they are not capable of offering that kind of attention and love the right way at ANY time. These actions speak louder than words. People will notice and eventually they will get a mouthfull from someone who cares.
OH...and that whole thing with your mom...it's a CROCK. sorry..couldnt resist. Wish you lived in Wisconsin and you could borrow ours any old time!!!

lfhpueblo December 24, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

Hey some parents just don't get responsibility.
I know when I worked as a nurse on pediatrics that some parents would drop off a sick kid, neither would stay at all. Some of the stupid parents were even caught taping a pacifier in the baby's mouth so they could leave faster. Needless to say they got a talking to. They were told in no uncertain terms that in the hospital they would not be taping a pacifier in a baby's mouth in case it vomited, which would cause all the vomit to go into the baby's lungs, and if not kill them, cause them a serious lung infection. Which by the way is often the reason the baby's of these kinds of parents were already being hospitalized for, a serious lung infection. Hmmm, wonder why?
I'm not saying all the parents were like that at the hospital, but we had a very large number who were. I don't know how many times we had to have parents arrested on pediatrics either. Several. They'd come up to the floor drunk, staggering, cussing, mean drunk. Then they'd think they were going to take their sick child home that way even though the child had not been released from medical care by the doctor(s). These parents had no business driving themselves, let alone a child. Of course they were demanding and at times physically violent with staff members, so security would be called and the police summoned. We didn't mess around, they'd be arrested.
I really appreciated the parent(s) that stayed with their ill little one, or had grandma or grandpa cover when they couldn't be there.
They often helped to entertain another little child in the room who's parent wasn't there at all.
Some people just shouldn't be parents.

kado! December 24, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Oh my...I would have some STRONG words for that "mother"...seriously Sprite in a baby bottle too??? Oh my! Some people should not be allowed to be parents!

sorry about all the drama you have to deal with in this festive season! ....that tropical vacay sure does sound nice!

Robyn Wright of Robyn's Online World December 26, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

At least you have a place to vent - one of the best things about blogging!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• December 29, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

Okay, that makes MY blood boil and I don't even know these people. UGH! Stupid people are stupid. Seriously.

Back to TOP