Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Planning Your Valentine's Date Night?

Who's planning a super sweet Valentine's date night with their loved one? I'm so disorganized and I'm constantly running out of good ideas for what to do. I stopped by the Springpad Date Planner and its really making it so much easier for me! You can pick great choices from dining out, dining in, movies, gifts and any other activity that you can think of!

I picked "dining in" and a whole list of fabulous recipe recommendations popped up. The shrimp and artichoke pasta that came up is the perfect recipe for my husband! I picked "give a gift" and so many great gift ideas came up, things that I wouldn't have even thought of for him! I'm currently thinking about getting him a fruit bouquet from Edible Arrangements, they have some seriously nice items! I hate spending money on frivilous things, so a nice edible fruit arrangement is perfect for us!

I love the option of "dining out" even though the hub and I wont be dining out this year. Pop in your zip, select your search radius and all sorts of great restaurants in your area come up, along with phone numbers, addresses and star ratings!!

And it isn't solely for Valentine's day, you can use this for whatever date night you need to organize!! Go on over and check it out, its definitely worth the visit!! You can plan weeks out, menu plans, organize your childrens health notes, budget plans and more!!

Though we wont be going out, I will be cooking up a nice dinner at home of some mushroom and ham fettuccine and some salad... I cook very cheaply, but still make a nice dinner!!

cooked, thin-sliced ham, about 1/2 lb.
1 c. sliced mushrooms
about 1-2 tbsp. minced garlic (to taste)
1 c. parm cheese
1 c. sour cream
1 lb. fettuccine
about 3 tbsp. butter + 1/2 c. butter

Saute ham, mushrooms, garlic in 3 tbsp. butter while boiling the fettuccine.
Melt 1/2 c. butter in pan, stir in fettuccine, parm cheese, sour cream (and pepper if you like pepper, we do!) add ham, mushrooms & garlic mix. Toss to coat! Pair up with some nice crusty bread and a side salad and you're great!!

Enjoy your special date night with your loved one!!




1 comments:

Michelle February 3, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

Congrats! You won the Elephant Teether in my Discovery Toys bloggy carnival giveaway! Please send me your address when you get the chance!

Back to TOP