Saturday, March 12, 2011

The True Meaning of Friendship... Your Thoughts

I've been thinking so much over the past few days, at the prompting of some evil words that were said to me, about true, real friendship. What is the meaning of it, what does it mean to you? What are qualities that people must have in order to gain your friendship?

I put a similar question up on my personal facebook, and some people who I consider close to me, answered... I'll share those with you.

I need ya'll to tell me what the true meaning of friendship is to you. Do you always expect something in return once you've done something nice for a friend? Do you have to share the same viewpoints on everything as your friends? Please... elaborate... let me know what you think.
Sharing viewpoints isn't any fun. True friends give you the chance to share your views without holding it against you (for too long).


I never expect anything in return when I have done something for a friend!! If I DO something for someone, it's because I WANT to, not because I want "backsies." And lord ,no, my friends and I don't always share the same viewpoints. Life would be so dull if we all thought and acted the same!


A true friend is there for you through thick and thin. They support you in every way possible. They are a shoulder to cry on, someone who is willing to give and expect nothing in return, and will be your backbone when you need them to be.


A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are. Anyone that imposes and sells their viewpoints as the "right" way, or does nice things because they expect something in return, i...s any combination of ignorant, arrogant, and/or selfish....in my humble opinion


friends invite friends to go puddle jumping, wanna come?


I'd really love to get some input from you all about what you think true friendship is. Talk to me in the comments, I'm really looking forward to your thoughts!!

1 comments:

Jenine March 12, 2011 at 10:49 PM  

True friends have each others' backs but will give you a kick in the ass if deserve it or need it.

Back to TOP