Friday, February 4, 2011

Keeping up with me...

I figured since I went ahead and posted my "Current Events" I needed to sit here again and put forth an update. Things aren't much better around here, but I'm trying. All I can say is that I am truly blessed for the friends that I have in my life, and I don't want to call them out individually, but I will put it out there that they know who they are, and they know how lucky I feel to have them in my life.

I'm going through the motions that I need to go through I guess. Because of the fact that the ex lost his job, it left us without any health insurance. Of course we know this will be the time that something horrible happens, someone will break a leg or something, with my luck. I applied for Family Health Plus through the state, only to get a letter back stating that they can't approve my application until I petition for child support from the ex. That's such a headache that I so wasn't ready to deal with. There's no point in me worrying myself with that right now, since the man is out of a job and in rehab. I wanted to wait to take care of that, but I'm not left with much of a choice. I filled out the form and now I just gotta get down to the place to drop it off.

I had been seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist and I had been taking antidepressants and anti-anxiety medication. Life had overwhelmed me months ago and I took it upon myself to go. The $50 copay WITH insurance wasn't easy, but I did it. Now without insurance, I'm completely unable to go, and I'm completely unable to afford my prescriptions, especially the antidepressant, since there is no generic available for that. I'm trying to find my balance again, but its difficult.

Boug is struggling in school. I'm getting notes from the teacher saying that I need to schedule a conference because she's falling behind in reading. I'm trying my best here, but I don't really know what to do to help her, and I don't know if this is just her acting out because the situation at home is what it is.

I've requested to postpone my custody court date, since when the ex left town, I was unable to have him served with the papers in time for the original court date. Now I'll patiently wait for the next court date to be known to me, new papers to serve him and hopefully have him served in time. I need to do the whole custody thing, cause God forbid he decide to grab the kids and take off with them. I'm not even sure what I would do.

I wish I could have all my friends that are scattered all over the country in one place. Like some sort of a commune. Like where we take care of each other and stuff, cause Lord knows I can't do all this on my own right now. I'm doing my best though. I'm surviving and that's all I can hope for at this point.

1 comments:

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom February 19, 2011 at 12:50 PM  

You will make it...I know it seems hard right now, but things will be better eventually - promise!

Can your doctor give you samples of antidepressants? Some doctors are really good about that.

Big hugs...hop onto skype if you need to talk okay?

Back to TOP