Thursday, April 15, 2010

Don't forget about the census!!

I've already forgotten to fill out my census form, and I need to remind you, just like I needed to remind myself, to do so. The very last day for mailing it in is TOMORROW, April 16th!! Since our country isn't in the best economic state, mailing it in versus having census takers come out can potentially save taxpayers and government $1.5 billion! That's a lot of freakin' money!!

Children Count Too! United States Census 2010

This is my first year as an adult filling out the census form, since its only once every ten years that its taken. A lot has changed in my life in the last ten years and I'm sure I'm not the only one. By filling out the census and accounting for my two awesome kids, the government is able to get a better grasp for dishing out public funding. Things like Head Start, special education grants, teacher quality state grants and more are affected by improper counts of kids and why take away from them when its easy enough to just fill out and mail in the form? To think, that ten years ago in the 2000 census there was an undercount of over 1 million kids under age ten.

Don't forget to fill out and mail in your census form and account for your little tikes!!

0 comments:

Back to TOP