Sunday, October 18, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Seriously, I'm happy for last week to be over and for a new one to begin. Hopefully this week the baby will kick his cold, I'll get more unpacked, more organized and less frazzled.... Two carryovers for dinners this week, I wound up realizing that I HAD TO cook a butternut squash one night before it went bad, and then Saturday night we had a family get together, which bumped another dinner into this week. This week is a "ridiculously broke" week, 80% of the dinner shopping is being done from my freezer... we'll see how this goes... I haven't been this broke in a longggg time!!

Recipes are below!!

Don't forget to enter into my Progresso Prize Pack giveaway!!

Monday: Pasta with Sausage

Tuesday: Crockpot Beef Stew


Wednesday: Tuna Patty Burgers


Thursday: Grilled Cheese & Soup


Friday: Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken

Saturday: Breakfast for Dinner

Sunday: Pasta with Meat Sauce

Once again, breakfasts are usually cold cereal, oatmeal and sometimes Boug just wants toast and a banana! Lunches usually are leftovers or sandwiches paired with yogurt or fruit generally. My meals are usually a bit heavier in meats and chickens as hub is a butcher and brings so much home for free or next to nothing!! Check out more Menu Plan Monday entries at orgjunkie!!

Recipes:::

Pasta with Sausage
4 c. rigatoni
1 lb. italian sausage, either in casing- cut up, or loose
1 sliced red onion
1/4 c. tomato paste
1/4 c. sun dried tomato salad dressing
1/4 c. chopped parsley
1/4 grated parmesean cheese

Cook pasta, brown sausage and drain, add in onions and tomato paste- cover and cook 15 min. Stir in dressing, serve on top of the pasta, top with parsley and cheese.

Crockpot Beef Stew
2 lbs. stew beef
pepper to taste
splash worcestershire sauce
3 potatoes, cut into chunks
4 celery stalks, cut into chunks
4 carrots, cut into chunks
salt to taste
1.5 c. beef broth
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1 large onion, cut into chunks
1/4 c. flour

Place meat into crockpot, mix together flour, salt, pepper and mix in with the meat. Stir to make sure meat is coated. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours. Stir and serve!

Tuna Patty Burgers
1 package stuffing mix
2 cans tuna fish, drained
2 eggs
1/3 c. mayo

Mix all ingredients, form into burger patties and fry in oil. Place onto burger buns and enjoy!

Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken
Rinse chicken and sprinkle with your favorite seasoning. I use season salt. Place fryer chicken on top of 4-5 foil balls in the crock pot. Cook on high for 6 hours

Pasta with Meat Sauce:
To be honest I will throw whatever cut of beef that I have in the freezer in the crockpot with a jar of sauce, I let it go about 6-7 hours and by the time I prepare dinner, the beef is all shredded and I just put it on top of some pasta!

3 comments:

Kristen October 19, 2009 at 1:07 AM  

It sounds like a good week for being broke and having to shop from your pantry. Hope it all goes well =)

Unknown October 19, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

You have a tasty week of recipes planned.
Please feel free to stop by my blog. Our family is looking for ways to reduce our grocery bill since my husband and I are unemployed.
You have a wonderful week!

jillskict October 19, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Grilled cheese and tomato soup has to be one of my all time favorites! Looks like a great week of meals!

Back to TOP