I do realize I've been scarce lately, but I'm stoked to share this post with you! I love the independent radio station here locally, and that's where I originally found the band One eskimO. Their song Kandi immediately was stuck in my head once I heard it and I knew I wanted to hear the rest of the album. Perfect timing when One2One Network asked if I wanted to review it! DUH!!The One eskimO album is stellar, and I'm not sure if I have the words to describe their sound. Thinking gritty butter, soulful, smooth perfection for One eskimO. That's the only way that I can describe their sound. Though the song that begun my love of them is awesome, that's not the only one on the album that rocks, all the songs are so easy to listen to and easy to mellow out with. The song "Simple Day" vaguely reminds me of another one of my favorite artists, Jack Johnson. I'll admit though, the song "Amazing," is my absolute favorite track on the album.
Frontman Kristian Leontiou's voice meshes perfectly with the guitar, bass, horns and drums that the rest of the band put forth with precision. Next weekend they're playing at the Mountain Jam nearby my house and I'm so disappointed that I couldn't get out of work to attend, I know that they'd be simply amazing live.
The One eskimO album is available for purchase at Amazon.com. You can check out the video for "Kandi" on YouTube.
Want to win a copy of the One eskimO cd and a t-shirt? Take a listen to some tracks, (here) leave a comment with which one sticks in your head!
- Follow or Subscribe to A Couch With A View
- Follow CaseyDeuce on twitter and tweet this giveaway.
- Follow One eskimO on twitter.
- Become a fan of A Couch With A View on Facebook.
- Give One eskimO a "like" on Facebook.
- Post my button on your blog.
- Add my text link to your blogroll: http://acouchwithaview.blogspot.com/
- Post about this giveaway on your blog!
- If you don't have a blog, you can gain extra entries by emailing a friend about this giveaway! Just CC me in your email! firstname.lastname@example.org
This giveaway will accept entries until 11:59 pm on Tuesday, June 8th. Winner will be drawn with random.org and emailed. Winner must reply within 48 hours to winning email or a new winner will be drawn. Please make sure that your email is accessible, whether in the comment or a blogger profile, cause if I cant contact you, how can you win?
I was provided the One eskimO cd to review via One2One Network, which in no way changes the way I feel about the album or band. My opinions are my opinions, take 'em or leave 'em.