Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Social Media... Yes, I hearts it.





Thank you to BING Social Search for sponsoring my post about social media. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.

In the past 15 or so years, things have changed. Communication and the way that I personally keep in touch with people has changed. I remember using the internet to email family all over the place, and as time went by, everything evolved. As the world wide web became more developed, more opportunities became available to shop more, socialize more, keep in better touch.

Sometimes I'm pretty sure that I'd be lost without social media. Being a social person in real life and having so many outlets online makes a social media obsession all too easy sometimes. The friends that I've made through blogging and blogger events are irreplaceable. The friends from long ago that I've been able to reconnect with through Facebook are amazing. Being able to "tweet" what is on my mind in a sentence or two real quick is too fun sometimes. I remember when you had to do all your internet doings from a computer, and now we choose which cell phone we are going to buy based on what we can do on the web with it. People have had themselves treated for "digital addictions" and I'm not surprised, it is completely easy to get wrapped up into a social online world.

What I find to be so valuable from social media is the connections that you can make with people. I've had so many great opportunities through blogging to meet so many people, but the ones that I'm closest to the most, whether social media is still relevant or not, will always be in my life. For that I am so ridiculously thankful. I'm thankful for the opportunities to meet new people and to be able to express myself, whether it be here on my site or on Facebook or any other outlet. What have you found to be valuable to you about social media? Is there something you'd change?

0 comments:

Back to TOP