Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Brother and I are two different people-- *guest post*

I appreciate the guest post, Lindsay Valdez



My brother is the worst person when it comes to saving money. For him, money actually does burn a hole in his pocket. I don’t think he has ever saved a penny in his life. He spends what he has on what he wants and never gives it a second thought. He recently bought a house and pays the minimum on the mortgage. I tried to explain to him the importance of putting as much towards the mortgage as he could. He then ordered satellite and I asked if he qualified for the direct TV Rebate. He acted like I was speaking another language. We are two completely different people. I try to save where I can and receive money back wherever I can. My brother pays the number on the sheet of paper and never gives it a second thought. I know I shouldn’t concern myself with my brother’s personal business, but I want the best for him. I want him to have a successful life and someday be debt free. However, I think I should start just making sure he is always happy. Happiness might be an easier accomplishment for him than saving.



0 comments:

Back to TOP