Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thinking about what will happen in 28 days...

This year, will be my very first Christmas morning in an empty house, ever. Waking up alone. Just me and the cat.

Although I know its 28 days away, and I shouldn't be stressing myself out over it quite yet, its on my mind. I can't help but think about how my kids won't be waking up here on Christmas morning. I know they'll be here about mid-morning, but its totally different from them actually waking up here. What an odd feeling. I know I could have them here if I wanted to, since the restaurant is only open til 8:00 on Christmas eve and I could be home at a decent hour with them, but I don't want to take away from their father and whatever plans he may have for Christmas eve night or for Christmas morning for that matter.

I know the kids will be fine, and won't stress out over not waking up here on Christmas morning, so why am I stressing out over it? I could be optimistic and think of it how I wouldn't have to wait til the late night to set up the presents under the tree. I could get a good nights sleep for once. But those things don't seem to matter to me the way having the kids wake up here matters to me.

3 comments:

karenmed409 November 28, 2010 at 12:06 AM  

splitting christmas can be rough. we had to do this with hubbys kids for 12 years. We worked out routine and kept with it. I am sure the kids will you as much as you miss them.

Unknown November 29, 2010 at 12:20 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca December 1, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

Change is difficult - especially the first time around. I think everything you're feeling is completely normal!

Back to TOP