Saturday, June 5, 2010

Camping during summer vacation!

Summer vacation is almost here for the kiddo and I'm keeping a running list of things that I can do with the kids this summer. I know I won't have a ton of money to hit all the little events and theme parks and stuff like that, so I'm thinking of different things that I can do with them that isn't going to cost me a ton out of my pocket.

Miss Boug and Lil' Buddy are bug lovers, outdoor lovers, dirt, muck and grime lovers. I've never seen two kids who are as outdoorsy as these two are at such young ages. I'm thinking camping is on the list of things that I can do with them this summer. I know how much the kids would enjoy it and I know that buying the supplies needed for camping will cost some money, but they will be things that I can use over and over again. Most importantly, I've been looking at camping tents over at Summit Camping Gear, and they have a lot of great options that would work so well for me. I know I'd only need a two or three person tent to fit the three of us comfortably and they have them at prices definitely in my range. Under one hundred dollars is a good thing!! Of course they have more options that are more money, but for what I need, I'm happy to find tents in my price range. For when Boug gets older, I'm going to be keeping in mind the kids tents so that way if she'd like to do a camp out with some of her friends, they can totally do it!!

I know the kids and I will be taking quite a few day trips to the local beaches around here for fun, and the beach tents that are available at Summit are super cool too. I know I'll feel better with one of these, knowing that Boug and Lil' Buddy can pop in there to take a break and get out of the sun.

3 comments:

lfhpueblo June 5, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

If your area has one you might also check out an Army Surplus Store. Sometimes, not always though you can find good things cheaper than the sporting discount stores.
Also, in this day and age, it doesn't hurt to have some camping supplies on hand in case of a national emergency in your area.
Like having at least one gallon of water per person per day, for a seven day emergency supply. A few MRE's (can buy at an Army Surplus Store), for a week's worth of meals. MRE's usually last three years. Good to have some stored flashlights, batteries, candles, tent (like you're going to get) and sleeping bags, backpacks, etc..

Terra Heck June 8, 2010 at 6:22 AM  

Camping is something that my family has been doing for over ten years and we love it. We started out in tents and just got our first camper last year.

Anonymous,  June 8, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

Something for you today at Baba's:
http://www.babasfarmlife.com/2010/06/can-you-ever-have-too-many-awards.html

Back to TOP